Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

IronGirl Columbia--roll call and ride share
CREATED: 07/07/10 by abbyjs REPLIES: 14
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
IronGirl Columbia--roll call and ride share
POSTED: 7/07/10 11:15 AM

Ladies! I've got a car and room to spare. Anyone else going?

I am flexible on driving up the day before and sharing a room or the day of the race. I'm coming from downtown, but I could pick up anywhere.

Drop me a line!
abby.sanford19 at yahoo

"Columbia Sprint" this Sunday?
POSTED: 8/16/10 10:51 AM

For some reason, lately I'm reacting negatively to the branding of "IronGirl" so I'm renaming this race the Columbia Sprint. :)

I'm driving up to bike racking on Saturday and then returning Sunday morning for the race. I have room in my car and on my roofrack if anyone wants to share a ride.

Cheers,

Abby
abby.sanford19 @ yahoo

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 953
RE: IronGirl Columbia--roll call and ride share
POSTED: 8/16/10 12:21 PM

Well, the IronGirl is actually a series of races put on all across the nation www.irongirl.com. The one that takes place nearby in Columbia, MD is not the only one. This series also draws a lot of the top professional female triathletes.

And trying to rename it the Columbia Sprint might confuse people because the TriColumbia group also has the Celebration Sprint, which takes place on the same course as the IronGirl.

But it's up to you how you want to call it.

POSTED: 8/16/10 2:24 PM

Of course I am aware of the fact that these races are held across the country. It's the branding I don't understand. The word "girl" implies diminution, and there's nothing less challenging about these races simply because they are for just one gender.

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 8/18/10 9:09 AM

I am in for the race, probably heading up around mid-day on Saturday, but then heading back to DC for the night. This will be the first triathlon for my mom and sister as well!

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 8/19/10 8:49 AM

IN. Really hoping the weather is something like today and not like the potential thunderstorms I'm seeing in the forecast right now... !

spleary's ravatar spleary    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 8/19/10 9:11 AM

Hi All,

Good luck on Sunday! What time does the first wave start? I'm hoping to go up to support some friends but can't get ahold of them and do not see start times on the website.

Thanks
-Scott

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 8/19/10 9:13 AM

Scott:

Here are the swim wave start times. http://www.tricolumbia.org/IronGirl/wave-starts.php

I think that everyone will be there and out of transition over by the swim area by 6:30 AM.

spleary's ravatar spleary    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 8/19/10 9:18 AM

Whoops. I guess I didn't look hard enough. Thanks, and once again, Good Luck!

POSTED: 8/19/10 1:23 PM

"As of 7:00am on Tuesday, August 10, 2010, the water temperature in Centennial Lake was 87°F."

Oy!

gardengirl's ravatar gardengirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 119
POSTED: 8/19/10 3:21 PM

I'm in 7:19 swim wave. Abby, I'll email you about Saturday bike check and racking.
Malissazimmerman@hotmail.com

hamburger1971's ravatar hamburger1971    JOINED: 8/13/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 8/19/10 8:59 PM

I'm volunteering on gatorade hill with my 6 year old daughter - so get your tasty beverages from us, guaranteed to make you faster :-)

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 8/22/10 9:54 PM

Congrats to Abby, Malissa, Melissa, Hillary, Karen, Lauren, Erin, and Liane today at Iron-G. Awesome job, ladies!!!

Next year, us guys need to step it up and support the DC Tri ladies who do this race.

POSTED: 8/22/10 10:00 PM

Hugh! Thanks for coming to cheer us on! Considering the (crap) race I had, it was so great to see a friendly face on the course.

Delnora's ravatar Delnora    JOINED: 3/16/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 8/23/10 7:51 AM

Great race on Sunday, was fun being up on the podium with another DC tri lady, Erin Love!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria