Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

recommend training websites
CREATED: 12/20/09 by Citizen-Josh REPLIES: 3
Citizen-Josh's ravatar Citizen-Josh    JOINED: 5/12/09    POSTS: 38
recommend training websites
POSTED: 12/20/09 2:58 PM

I'm considering subscribing to one of those websites that creates a plan and helps you to track your progress.
(If it matters) I'm planning on doing all Sprint distance races until doing Olympic distance at Nations.

Any suggestions?

peeps1076's ravatar peeps1076    JOINED: 11/10/09    POSTS: 24
RE: recommend training websites
POSTED: 12/20/09 5:52 PM

Trianingpeaks.com I'm going to sign up after the new year as a present to myself. I read Joe Friels blog pretty regularly too...

http://www.trainingbible.com/joesblog/blog.html

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1334
POSTED: 12/21/09 8:35 AM

Also consider beginnertriathlete.com. If you post all of your logs on there and post questions in their forum, normal posters will actually look at your logs before they reply to a training query that you may have. They have some really knowledgeable folks on there who will give you pretty good advice based on your background and training volume.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/trainingplans-list.asp?h=1

Tuan

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 12/21/09 9:46 PM

trainingpeaks.com x 1

They have a huge menu of training plans from a variety of coaches. You should be able to find a sprint or olympic plan for ~$50. You specify what day you want your plan to begin or end and it'll load it for you and e-mail you every day to tell you what your workout is. If you get to the end of the plan and want to start all over you can copy and paste workouts to future weeks. Aside from the initial training plan cost, the website is free (though you can pay for additional services/reports).

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria