DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sandy Point Swim
CREATED: 06/14/13 by rojojade REPLIES: 6
rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 346
Sandy Point Swim
POSTED: 6/14/13 4:27 PM

Hey guys -

A few of us are meeting down at Sandy Point at 6:45am on Sunday (6/16) to get some open water swimming time in. Anyone is more then welcome to join. But please note that this is not a supported swim and this is also before the lifeguards and the normal beach crowd will show up. So you will need to be comfortable in the water already.

And then a few of us are also doing our long runs out there at the park. Join us if you want to! (Run cue sheets are welcomed - we have everything from :30 - 2:00 running)

-Catharine

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 241
RE: Sandy Point Swim
POSTED: 6/14/13 5:46 PM

Hmmm I like this idea.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 6/15/13 5:59 AM

Jason, so do I. This solo IM training is getting old.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 346
POSTED: 6/15/13 11:06 PM

Well I don't know about others, but this gal needs more beauty sleep. I going down at 9. Hope to see some of you out there!

dlavey    JOINED: 1/6/13    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 6/19/13 11:44 AM

Does anyone who went last week have suggestions on running routes? I was thinking about going out this weekend with a group of NTPers and then doing a run after.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 6/19/13 11:57 AM

Running routes? You can head out on College Pkwy., but the main problem is that there is no shoulder. I ran out and back for 70 minutes on Sunday and there was traffic, but everyone was respectful of me. I guess as long you don't run in a pack. Other option is to drive to the tail end of the B&A, park there and run the trail.

mjraugust's ravatar mjraugust    JOINED: 12/15/11    POSTS: 96
POSTED: 6/19/13 2:34 PM

I was out there Saturday and if you aren't looking to do loops around the parking lot or run unpaved trails it seemed tricky. I got about 5 miles in total, but I kept running into private property belonging to some McDonald Douglas or some other Airforce contractor. If the weather is at all like last weekend, be sure to apply ample sunblock before your swim and before your run.

-Mark

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria