Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Montclair Tri Dead?
CREATED: 12/20/09 by krafty81 REPLIES: 5
krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
Montclair Tri Dead?
POSTED: 12/20/09 5:21 PM

Did not see Montclair on the VA Setup Events sked...is this event no longer being done?

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
RE: Montclair Tri Dead?
POSTED: 12/21/09 8:01 AM

I was wondering the same thing about C'ville. I read this on the setup events home page:

The VTS Schedule is now posted on the website. We are excited about next year with the addition of a few new races and the elimination of some others.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1044
POSTED: 12/21/09 9:45 AM

If the Montclair Tri isn't happening, you should look into the Colonial Beach Triathlon which will be July 10-11th weekend. It's about a 75 minute drive from DC and you can just drive down race morning. That same weekend is probably when our training tri will be as we wish to have it two weeks prior to NJ.

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 419
POSTED: 12/21/09 1:18 PM

Yeah, I heard from the former race director that Montclair wasn't happening this year.

Colonial Beach is definitely a good alternative to Montclair as Hugh said. I did it last year because Montclair filled up and loved it. The only thing that was kind of annoying was that on the olympic swim (in the choppy Potomac) you had to do 2 laps - getting out of the water and running across a timing mat before the 2nd lap. The bike has a few challenging hills, but I wouldn't say as many as Columbia and is more rolling hills. The run is a flat out and back course with a little shade. It was pretty hot last year. All in all a fun challenging course.

I'm planning on doing it again this year. It looks like they added a "Club Competition." The website is http://www.ymcaracing.com/Colonial_Beach_Tri_s.html and registration is opened but I noticed the Reg link on the site is from last year. You can get to this year's from Active.com at http://www.active.com/triathlon/colonial-beach-va/26th-annual-pohanka-cadillac-colonial-beach-triathlon-weekend-2010

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 12/21/09 2:12 PM

Wonder why Montclair died? It was a fun race - despite the three crowded bike laps. I'll take a look at Colonial.

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 12/21/09 3:32 PM

We'll never forget you Montclair!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria