DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

**Please Read** Petition for Washington DC Triathlon
CREATED: 07/07/10 by siehndel REPLIES: 2
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
**Please Read** Petition for Washington DC Triathlon
POSTED: 7/07/10 4:38 PM

Hello friends,

Many of you know that for the last few years I've been involved with the production team of our hometown races The Washington DC Tri, The Nation's Tri and AchieveDC. It's been a great association for me to both be part of these great races and also to be able to coordinate some great benefits for DC Tri Club.

In return, we need a small amount of your time to help us out. If you participated in the DC Tri on June 20th, you received an email today asking you to sign an online petition. If you didn't participate, you can still sign this petition. The short story is that we are trying to get a permanent exemption from the US Nat'l Parks Service for the Washington DC Triathlon to be held annually on Father's Day.

With your help, we'll clear this step so that we can spend less time filling out paperwork and more time organizing the world class events that we have become known for in Washington, DC.

CLICK HERE for more information and to 'sign' the petition.

If you have any questions, please email Travis at volunteer(at)wseminc(dot)com.

Thank you for your help!

Travis

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 525
RE: **Please Read** Petition for Washington DC Triathlon
POSTED: 7/07/10 5:06 PM

I received the email and "signed" the online petition today. The inaugural race was well run. The only quibble I had was with the heat. I was hoping that future races would be moved up to May to escape the hot weather. In any case, I'd like to see WDC Tri become an annual tradition no matter the month. Good luck on getting the permanent exemption from the NPS.

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
RE: **Please Read** Petition for Washington DC Triathlon
POSTED: 7/07/10 6:00 PM

I just signed it. Very quick and easy using the link in Travis' post. I didn't do the race this year but want to make sure to keep this race in our backyard for future years.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria