DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ITU Tri, then Montclair Tri too much?
CREATED: 04/16/09 by breeyag REPLIES: 1
breeyag's ravatar breeyag    JOINED: 4/13/09    POSTS: 17
ITU Tri, then Montclair Tri too much?
POSTED: 4/16/09 10:13 AM

Hi all,

First off, I'm thrilled to find this site. I am a new wannabe triathlete. I am a runner by trade (though the most I've done is a half marathon) and have just started getting back into biking and swimming (my weakest area by far). I will be doing the Bethesda Super Sprint Tri this weekend (250m swim, 9.3 mi bike, 2.5 mi run) just to get my feet wet and a feel for doing all 3 events together.

I have already signed up for the June 28 Montclair Triathlon (1000 mtrs swim, 30km bike, 8km run) in Woodbridge. But I just saw the ITU DC Triathlon is here on June 21. I'd like to get the opinions of the seasoned triathletes here. Is it overreaching for someone with 2-3 months practice to do the ITU Sprint, followed by the Montclair Tri the following weekend? I am just really excited about the idea of doing the Sprint in my own backyard! Thanks for any and all advice/suggestions,

Rish

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
RE: ITU Tri, then Montclair Tri too much?
POSTED: 4/16/09 11:27 AM

I would suggest that being a newbie not to do both races. There were times when I raced back to back weekends and it ruined my training. Since it's a home race, they will need many volunteers and this will give you a view from the other side.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria