Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ISM Adamo Saddles
CREATED: 08/09/11 by Gato REPLIES: 3
Gato's ravatar Gato    JOINED: 4/25/11    POSTS: 46
ISM Adamo Saddles
POSTED: 8/09/11 1:18 PM

Was thinking of upgrading and wondered what some real people thought of the saddle (I'm a guy, but welcome any input). I use a traditional saddle and don't have a much discomfort until I get into 30+ miles then I find myself shifting around more often. Wondered it this saddle might cure that. Thanks.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1318
RE: ISM Adamo Saddles
POSTED: 8/09/11 1:37 PM

I have it and I love it. I've put a good 10,000+ miles on mine. My long rides on the weekends are in the 75-110 miles range. I have two tri bikes and they both have them.

One thing to consider though, it takes time for your body to get used to it. Your nether region may be in pain at the beginning. You have to be patient with it. It took me a good 3-4 weeks before I felt comfortable with it, but I knew that coming in based on all of the research that I did. It is the most comfortable seat that I've ever had. Absolutely comfortable and no pain or discomfort through two Ironman training seasons.

Fitting for that seat is a bit different than a normal nose seat. Make sure you read about it on their web page.

Tuan

RAFTRI's ravatar RAFTRI    JOINED: 12/22/10    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 8/10/11 7:51 AM

Have a look at the Cobb saddles also.....I have a Max and have been well happy with it for Ironman distance. A female friend of mine had an issue with the max because it is a bit wide on the nose( not as wide as the adamo) but she changed to the plus and has no problems now either.

Gato's ravatar Gato    JOINED: 4/25/11    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 8/10/11 10:57 AM

Just checked the website for Cobb. Looks good also. Maybe I will try the demo program TRISPORTS does and try each one for a week. Thanks.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria