Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Hains Point crackdown...
CREATED: 07/07/10 by ferguson REPLIES: 24
trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
RE: Hains Point crackdown...
POSTED: 7/08/10 7:29 PM

I've personally seen NPS do some terribly aggressive/stupid things with their vehicles at HP. It seem to me that they aren't really all that interested in anyone's safety. If I had to guess, I'd say they view cyclists as a nuisance.

On a somewhat related note, I was recently stopped by NPS police for running around the tidal basin as it's dangerous for me to be running in areas crowded with tourists. Congratulations, NPS, you've saved the world from the terror that is one woman running. nice work.

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 221
POSTED: 4/17/12 7:39 AM

Fast forwarding two years ... There were Park Police all over Hains Point this morning, and a new traffic sign at the intersection of Ohio and Buckeye (facing Buckeye) that pointed out that "Bicyclists Must Obey All Traffic LAWS" (two screens - the last word was alone on the 2nd screen and it was *big*). I heard some cyclists getting a warning from the PA system on one of the police cars, too. No tickets that I saw, but definitely more interest in getting folks to actually stop at the stop signs (as we're required to do).

Stay safe, and play nice.

JayC101's ravatar JayC101    JOINED: 2/27/11    POSTS: 105
POSTED: 4/17/12 7:58 AM

They may have been more on alert today because there is likely going to be a lot of people coming down to see the Space Shuttle fly overhead this morning.

DJohnston    JOINED: 1/20/12    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 4/17/12 8:03 AM

I saw quite a few NPS cars out last night between 5:30-7pm - a lot more than usual. Watched NPS cars follow behind some riders on the back stretch of the point a couple of times.
So they're out there.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 4/17/12 8:32 AM

Golly - A girl just can't have any fun anymore.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria