Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sat 5/22 Poolesville Ride
CREATED: 05/19/10 by pgfde121 REPLIES:
pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 233
Sat 5/22 Poolesville Ride
POSTED: 5/19/10 10:03 AM

So this doesn't get lost in the details, please let me know if you plan to ride with us so I have a head count. Firemanronb at hotmail dot com.

When: Sunday morning, May 22th
Weather: Currently calling for 20% chance of rain. Thunderstorms in the afternoon. So long as the forecast continues to be at or below 20% for rain/showers, we’ll plan to ride. Dress accordingly. If the weather deteriorates and/or the thunderstorm watch is moved to an earlier time period when we would be out on course, ride will be cancelled. We’ll email everyone the evening before by 8PM to confirm status of ride.
Time: Meet at 8 am(ish). Promptly roll out by 8:30 am
Distance: 30 + miles....see cue sheet attached - although it indicates 40 miles, if weather demands we can deviate and cut it short a few miles. I will review cue sheet with everyone prior to rolling out.
PACE: 18-20mph average. B/B+ group.
Terrain: Flats, rolling hills - we will be riding on rural roads and likely will not see many cars since it'll be a early Saturday morning however please still use caution when passing and around curves.
Weather forecast: In the mid-sixties, overcast and chance of rain - dress accordingly.
What to bring: Besides a your bike - nutritional/energy bars, water bottles ( I usually carry 3), sunglasses, spare tube and don't forget to bring a BIKE HELMET!
SAG (Supply and Gear) Stop: Mile 20 there is a gas station to refuel - bring a few bucks if you wanna buy some water and food.
Directions: How to get there from Virginia/DC : Take GW Parkway north, exit Maryland (Capital Beltway), cross American Legion bridge, take River Road exit West, follow River Road until it literally ends (about 10 mile more or less/15 minutes) at a 3 way intersection. You will make left (it is still River Rd.) and continue to the bottom of hill. Make a left on Riley's Lock Road (It's a small road, keep an eye out for it as you quickly come upon it). Take Riley's Lock Road until it ends - about 1/4 of a mile and you'll see parking spaces on the left side. We will be at the last set of parking spaces on the left ( small water canal on the right side of Road).

If you get lost or running behind, please don't hesitate to call or text Ron (301-646-0789)

Lastly, feel free to pass this email along to anyone you think would like to join us.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria