DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Looking to put together a team for NJ adventure race
CREATED: 03/30/14 by mikald REPLIES: 2
mikald    JOINED: 1/8/14    POSTS: 20
Looking to put together a team for NJ adventure race
POSTED: 3/30/14 1:55 AM

Hello,

Im new to the club and dont know a lot of you yet, so i wanted to see if there are any adventure racers out there? Or even any triathletes looking to add another element of challenge to raceday? I want to put together a 3-4 person coed team to race the Jersey Inferno, a 10-hour adventure race in vernon, NJ on June 14th (http://nyara.org/2013/02/25/jerseyinferno/)

For those who don't know, adventure racing combines mountain biking, trail running, kayaking and orienteering into one epic sport! My sister and brother-in-law are the race directors for the Inferno and tell me this years course is going to be awesome: lots of vertical, some open water swimming, and true DH mountain biking. i want to put together a competitive team so if there's anyone out there who has interest, let me know. Ideally it would be a 3-4 person coed (that's the most competitive category) but there is also a 2 person team option. I would like to get at least a couple of training sessions in as a team, especially if nobody is an orienteer (that's my weakness.) So let me know ASAP if youre interested (either here or on my email: mikaldavis@gmail.com) and i encourage the whole TRI community in DC to consider racing this race...or ARs in general, theyre a fun time that compliments tri very well.

mikald    JOINED: 1/8/14    POSTS: 20
RE: Looking to put together a team for NJ adventure race
POSTED: 4/12/14 11:55 AM

Anybody?

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 268
RE: Looking to put together a team for NJ adventure race
POSTED: 4/13/14 1:00 PM

This actually looks awesome and I'd totally be in for it but can't schedule any races until the fall, so I'm out for the Inferno.

There's also a Rev3 Race in the Shenandoah Mountains in April I know at least a couple of club members do.

http://www.rev3adventure.com/race/epic-adventure-race-2013/

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria