DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Another Rookie
CREATED: 09/04/12 by fmurphy REPLIES: 4
fmurphy    JOINED: 9/4/12    POSTS: 4
Another Rookie
POSTED: 9/04/12 9:53 AM

Hello All:

I am a former paid fireman in Fairfax County and have moved on to a different career....I still keep up with my fitness and am constantly trying to push myself to bigger thing....

Hats off to my brother DC firefighter who just recently posted....awesome to get back at it, keep up the good work, bro!!!

Anyways....I recently joined because I am bored of running marathons and done with small sprints....I am currently training for the marine corps marathon and soon after I will begin training for my first ironman, IMWI in '13

I am looking forward to this great challenge. In the meantime, I will be looking for everyone's advice etc etc as I gear up my training in the next few months or so.

I live in the Arlington area and really enjoy training with others....long bikes rides and runs alone can be a little boring!! soooooo I am sure ill be asking for group runs, rides and swims.....

I've heard nothing but amazing things about DC TRI!

Frank

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 495
RE: Another Rookie
POSTED: 9/04/12 2:19 PM

Hi Frank. Welcome to the Club. I'm also training for MCM and live in Arlington (ballston). There are a few of us in the area so it should be easy to find training partners.

Are you doing Nation's?

fmurphy    JOINED: 9/4/12    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 9/04/12 2:27 PM

thank you!

I am just doing the MCM for now...then ill start getting into my IM training....how is your MCM training coming along???

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 495
POSTED: 9/04/12 2:43 PM

Training is going OK. No injuries so I can't complain. Hope yours is going well.

One way to get to know people in the Club is to volunteer at the nation's tri. The Club is responsible for one of the water stops. Check it out at: http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=F65D677C-B84F-BDAD-8C3C23EA063CD1C3&page=1

jdubon3's ravatar jdubon3    JOINED: 8/11/12    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 9/05/12 2:42 PM

man...i just got a shout out...i feel like a rockstar! LOL welcome seƱor.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria