Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Water Bottles ... part 2
CREATED: 11/17/11 by rojojade REPLIES: 8
rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 346
Water Bottles ... part 2
POSTED: 11/17/11 9:40 AM

Thanks for everyone that showed up last night - even if it was only for your swag. Unfortunately our water bottle mule was stuck at work late. Maybe we should protest at his work - #occupywaterbottles anyone? But Ryan will do everything in his power to bring them this Friday.

Also there has been some requests for us to include a post swim component to our program that involves either food or liquor or both so we know what we look like with something more then spandex and latex on. We can head over to either Wholes Foods for dinner or Guapo's for drinks and/or dinner. Let us know what day works best for you and your preferences.

RE: Water Bottles ... part 2
POSTED: 11/17/11 10:08 AM

Also if you have seen this post yet ... we might as well sign up and boost up the swimming mileage for the club, right?

http://www.dctriclub.com/forum/messages.cfm?tid=7E6EDA4A-B54C-2A40-AF72268E524F68AA&page=1

Sign-up now! 2011-2012 USAT National Club Challenge
POSTED: 11/07/11 9:29 AM
It’s beginning to look a lot like…off-season and, if you are like me, getting into those freshly washed jeans is becoming harder every time. But we have the answer to keep you going in the cold and dark months of winter: the USAT National Challenge Competition!

The USAT National Challenge Competition (NCC) is designed to get triathletes excited about off-season training at the club level. Tri Clubs across the country go head-to-head to see who can log the most training miles. Last year we placed fifth, but we all know we are better than that!!!.

The NCC will feature three sessions, each one month in duration, from December to February. Club challenge participants will submitted their training miles to the NCC site for automatic calculation and ranking. (yes, it is honor system)

All sessions will include swim, bike, and run, but one sport will be highlighted for each session (Dec - swim, Jan - bike, Feb - run). The winning club for each session is determined by the greatest number of miles logged during that session for that month's discipline. However all monthly mileage accrued for all disciplines count. Treadmill, elliptical, and bike trainer/stationary bike/spin bike miles also count!!

There are also prizes for the first club to reach the benchmark mileage for each session, and overall combined mileage for a club at the end of the three months. Individual awards are also given to the top individual mileage both in each session and overall.
Register by sending an email to DCTriNCC@gmail.com with:

• Full name
• USAT number (you must be a current member)
• DOB
• email address you want used for registration and correspondence

We start logging mileage on Dec 1st, so don't delay and sign-up now!

(Note: DO NOT register directly with USAT. To be part of the DC Tri Club team we must register you, so just send the required information to DCTriNCC@gmail.com and we’ll take care of the rest)

For more information go to the USAT National Challenge Competition website http://www.usatriathlon.org/audience/clubs/national-challenge-competition.aspx

Tynan's ravatar Tynan    JOINED: 1/17/11    POSTS: 44
POSTED: 11/17/11 11:16 AM

Great idea! I'm up for some Mexican and margaritas (anything to foster the illusion that its warm and sunny outside). Wednesday nights work best for me, but I could also do Monday.

Tom

HolliMarie's ravatar HolliMarie    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 11/17/11 1:52 PM

I'd be game on Monday for margs.

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 11/17/11 1:54 PM

Not sure I'd do drinks every week, but maybe once or twice a month. Either Monday or Wednesday is good.

-Brian

mlgibney's ravatar mlgibney    JOINED: 5/24/11    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 11/18/11 5:33 PM

Guapo's sounds fun. I'm up for a Monday or Wednesday.
-Megan

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 488
POSTED: 11/18/11 5:37 PM

The water bottle mule will be there tonight but only for a short time. I'll leave the box of water bottles at the front desk with the staff person on duty. Please stop by on your way out after practice to pick up your bottle. Swim caps will be distributed the week after Thanksgiving (sorry, the mule couldn't make it out to the club storage unit in time today).

Catherine - I'll touch base at practice but please take the remaining water bottles home with you. You are now the defacto water bottle mule or anyone who doesn't pick theirs up tonight!

Ryan

kst718's ravatar kst718    JOINED: 8/29/11    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 11/21/11 1:15 PM

Maybe I was blinded by endorphins post-workout but I didn't see the water bottles. Will they still be available today? -- Katherine

POSTED: 11/21/11 2:06 PM

Since Ryan passed on the role of water bottle mule, I will try to bring a few with me to every practice and just ask me for one. We have enough for everyone in the program to have one - so do me a favor and don't trick me into giving you a second bottle (which will be really easy to do).

Also if you do plan on bring your DC Tri Club water bottle - just make sure you remember which on is yours - because yes, they all do look alike. I put colored rubber bands on mine. :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria