This year the club has a dedicated role to maximize and streamline opportunities for YOU, the members, to get involved and give back to the local multi-sport community. There will be many opportunities to get involved this year, so to help you select and plan for the events you want to participate in, I'm going to provide a rolling "big picture" of the events over the next 3 months where we need your help.
I will use this thread to keep the big picture updated. Here is how YOU can use this thread to get involved:
* For each event, we need a "lead volunteer" that will work closely with the main event coordinator and be in charge of filling out the volunteer roster for that event. He/she will also be in charge of coordinating volunteers on the ground the day of the event, so the lead volunteer will need to be at the event. As you see events posted on this thread, you can sign up to be the lead volunteer for any of the events you'd like.
The LEAD VOLUNTEER IS A CRITICAL ROLE THAT WE NEED TO FILL EARLY, and it's a fantastic way to get to know many of your fellow club members and prospective members. Email VOLUNTEER@DCTRICLUB.ORG to sign up for this awesome role.
* If you'd like to volunteer for specific events you see on the rolling calendar but don't want to be the lead volunteer, that's fine! Just send an email to VOLUNTEER@DCTRICLUB.ORG and let us know. You'll have early dibs on the available roles for that event.
* As we approach each event, a separate volunteer thread will be started for that event. That thread will include descriptions of all the roles we need to fill and instructions on how to sign up.
* You can also toss your name in as a "whenever/wherever you need me" volunteer and we'll turn to you if we're running short on volunteers for a specific event. Email VOLUNTEER@DCTRICLUB.ORG.
* If you have any questions and/or would like to volunteer, you can email... wait for it... VOLUNTEER@DCTRICLUB.ORG!
Here is an early look at where you can get involved in the next 3 months:
* Thursday, Feb 20th: Mass Members Meeting. We'll kick off the year with a meeting to lay out the year ahead and your opportunities in the club. Lead Event Coordinator: Abby Sanford and Angela Norcross. Lead Volunteer Coordinator: TBD... maybe you?
* Sat, Mar 15th: USA Rock N' Roll Marathon, RFK Stadium, DC. Lead Event Coordinator: Karen Willard. Lead Volunteer Coordinator: Jen Carroll. Need: 50 volunteers for gear check-in.
* Sat, Mar 22nd: TriMANIA, DC. Lead Event Coordinator: Mark Walter, SUN MultiSport. Lead Volunteer Coordinator: Amanda Chadwick.
* Thu, Apr 10th: Team DC SportsFest. Lead Event Coordinator: David Lutz and Jonathan Montet. Lead Volunteer Coordinator: David Lutz and Jonathan Montet.
* Sat, Apr 26th: Columbia BRICK NIC, Columbia, MD. Lead Event Coordinator: TBD. Lead Volunteer Coordinator: TBD.
* Sat, May 17th: Training Triathlon #1. Lead Event Coordinator: Adam Stolzberg. Lead Volunteer Coordinator: Needed!
Added Training Tri on 5/17 to the rolling schedule.