Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Back Roads Century
CREATED: 08/27/10 by hppeabody REPLIES: 25
hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
Back Roads Century
POSTED: 8/27/10 9:07 AM

I know its early, but while registration is still open I thought I would put this out there for anyone looking to get in a long ride in Sept.

Back Roads Century, Sun, Sept 19

http://www.backroadscentury.org/

Lots of options in addition to the regular 100 miler-- metric, 50 mile, 30 mile and 25 mile. Starts in Berryville VA.

Reg is $45 I think.

Who's in?

This will be my first 100 mile attempt-- I'm expecting to fail, but planning to try.

H

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
RE: Back Roads Century
POSTED: 8/27/10 10:54 AM

You'll make it, just treat each segment as a short ride, with good food in between.

Same weekend as SavageMan. And a Baltimore 3-mile swim.

Really scenic course. Hmm.

Decided. Can give, or take, a ride and bike.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
POSTED: 8/27/10 11:36 AM

Don't forget to wear a cup

sewert12's ravatar sewert12    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 103
POSTED: 9/08/10 11:39 AM

FYI they opened up a few more spots this morning. In case anyone got shut out when registration closed last month.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 9/08/10 3:27 PM

Ok Hillary. I have decided to get 1 Century in for the season.

I will be you domestique... I will pull you to the promise land of the finish line.

POSTED: 9/08/10 3:38 PM

Steph, thanks for sharing this. I had been trying to con a few others into joining so now they just got on the band wagon I think thanks to your post. (Simon and Ellen are now both in. I think Rhyne is too.) I plan on riding with Lauren B for sure, and Mark, would love to have you join us, but won't be offended if you feel the need to take off at lightning speed however with the likes of Simon and Ellen and the other non-leisurely paced among us. :)

I have a rather long run planned for saturday so I'm expecting to show up at the starting line with completely destroyed legs just to test myself. We'll see how strong they really are!

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 9/08/10 7:04 PM

we have a fun group of folks who will be there ( Post ) - likely for the metric, but game day decisions may change. For almost all of us tri season is over, so we're in for fun and food!

POSTED: 9/08/10 7:07 PM

Simon is coming!!!! Ok let's take a poll:
Who thinks Simon should be the domestique?

I SAY YES.

He a super strong cyclist and he blocks a lot of wind.

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 9/09/10 12:47 AM

Awesome! We┬┤re in too!
Cheers! A&M

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 9/09/10 6:48 AM

They really outta call them something more appropriate, like "mules" or "yaks". Domestique just misrepresents the dreariness of the role. Anyways, semantics aside, I'm your yak.

astene    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 9
Ride bumming--BackRoads Century
POSTED: 9/13/10 7:38 PM

Hey there---Does anyone have extra space for a person (me) and a bike (mine) for BackRoad? I can finance your gas tank, read your horoscope, paint your nails to pass the time.

Angie

POSTED: 9/13/10 9:13 PM

So are we all meeting up and rolling out in the begining as a DC Tri Peleton? Maybe we can all convoy up there. DC Road rally run and Century Peleton.

Angie- Where do you live?

LaurenB82    JOINED: 4/20/10    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 9/13/10 9:24 PM

Angie,
I may have space too. I was considering going up Sat evening. Does anyone have space in a hotel room or want to share one? I think it would be pretty inexpensive.

Lauren

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 535
POSTED: 9/13/10 9:51 PM

Hello, would anyone like to purchase my #? I wrote the organizers and they said that that's no problem. Excerpt, "It's logistically difficult for us to exchange, refund or resell rider numbers because we just don't have a staff for that, and it's very time consuming to process.
I recommend that you post a notice on our website forum and offer to sell
your number. We've sold out the event so I can't imagine it would be too
difficult to find a buyer."
Lmk before I post to the website forum tomorrow.
- Adam

amcgeehan's ravatar amcgeehan    JOINED: 2/24/10    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 9/14/10 11:03 AM

Hi Adam,

My name is Anna McGeehan (Hillary Peabody's roommate), and I am wondering if your entry/number for the Back Roads ride is still available? If so, I would love to buy it from you!

Thanks,

Anna

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 535
POSTED: 9/14/10 12:46 PM

Sold, just emailed you Anna.

POSTED: 9/14/10 1:35 PM

I love the idea of everyone meeting up, mark! What time are people thinking of arriving? Its looking like its rolling start 7-930 am but they want long dist riders like all of us to start around 7 which is probably better anyway. I presume some people have to pick up their numbers so they need to stop in at reg? I got mine in the mail last week, and will tentatively plan to arrive ready to roll by 645. Staying at a hotel in Winchester sat night as I will be coming up from the far reaches of central VA on Sat! Will make a point to wear my dc tri jersey :)

If anyone else is up for a super leisurely pace (read: 15-17mph, hopefully) and the full 100 (again, hopefully) then ride with me so I'm not all alone!

H

courtr26's ravatar courtr26    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 117
POSTED: 9/14/10 2:09 PM

I'm in! Ron needs to find a bib b/c he didn't register on time. Does anyone have a bib for sell??

Courtney

ellenwex's ravatar ellenwex    JOINED: 11/16/09    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 9/14/10 10:53 PM

Yay Courtney! It'll bee like Bay County all over again!!!

LaurenB82    JOINED: 4/20/10    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 9/17/10 10:39 AM

Hi all,
I booked a room at the Holiday Inn in Winchester for Sat night. 12 miles from the ride, 17min drive. It was $75. If anyone would like to join me for $30 or so, that would be great! (Or if you know anyone who might like to)

See you Sunday!
Lauren

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria