DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Free RnR Half bib
CREATED: 02/20/13 by redrider REPLIES: 3
redrider's ravatar redrider    JOINED: 12/31/12    POSTS: 4
Bib-swapping is wrong, immoral, etc.
POSTED: 2/20/13 10:22 AM

Hello there,

I'm [not] working on a wicked case of tendinitis and a stress fracture so 13.1 miles in a few weeks is [not] gonna happen. If you do [not] mind running under my name, you're welcome to my bib.

Cheers,

Ian

ps this in no way implies that I would ever dream of giving my bib away because that would be a horribly amoral act which only the most depraved of people would ever consider... the mere thought of engaging in such an act disgraces me and my family

kajlau's ravatar kajlau    JOINED: 7/10/10    POSTS: 68
RE: Free RnR Half bib
POSTED: 2/20/13 1:10 PM

Yeah.... I could do that! I'd cover your expence. Send me a mail; ksl@mil.dk

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
POSTED: 2/21/13 12:42 PM

Be careful. If you are caught, you will be kicked out of any Competitor races for 3 years. I think some people with access to this website may work for that company, so doing this over a public network may not be the best way. Just my three cents.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 501
POSTED: 2/26/13 6:59 AM

Sean is right. I was contacted last week by leadership at Competitor Group, Inc (CGI) to address this concern. We have a very strong partnership in place with CGI that goes beyond a few discounts for races. We'd hate to see this jeopardized over something like a race registration transfer!

That said, and I'll be making a broader announcement on this topic later this week to the club, we have amended our Club's Code of Ethics to include a position on our dealings with official club partners. The addition to the COE reads:

"Respect Club Partnerships: The Club has many official partnerships with local and national businesses, providing members access to exclusive benefits, discounts, and services. Members shall use discretion when dealing with our partners, including the use of discounts and adherence to our partner's policies, to ensure the club maintains our strong relationships."

You can view our entire COE here:

https://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Club.Code_of_Ethics

Thank you for your understanding and stewardship towards keeping our partnerships in good health!

Ryan
President, DC Tri Club

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria