DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Lake Placid Group?
CREATED: 11/30/13 by cclark1025 REPLIES: 14
cclark1025's ravatar cclark1025    JOINED: 3/12/12    POSTS: 35
Lake Placid Group?
POSTED: 11/30/13 7:47 PM

Hi all,

I was just wondering who in the club is signed up for Lake Placid next year. It's about time I get on my training plan, and I'd love to have some folks in the area who are training on a similar schedule. I live in Logan Circle, so it would also be fun to have a swimming/running buddies this winter too.

Feel free to shoot me an email if that's easier!

Christina
clark.christina.a@gmail.com

HolliMarie's ravatar HolliMarie    JOINED: 6/21/11    POSTS: 143
RE: Lake Placid Group?
POSTED: 12/01/13 7:23 PM

There are a few of us signed up for Placid. IMLP should be added to the race page soon where you'll be able to get a better idea of what members are racing. I'll be enjoying a bit of an off season before focusing in on my 2014 schedule, but there is always Masters swimming and the track groups that train together through the winter.

Holli

omesner's ravatar omesner    JOINED: 7/28/11    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 12/02/13 8:28 AM

I'm registered for IMLP also! I'm going to work on figuring out my training plan/coaching in the next couple of weeks.

POSTED: 12/02/13 10:22 AM

Hey Octavio,

I spoke to some DC tri club members who did IMLP last year, and they were pretty happy with the training plan in Be Iron Fit, which is what I think I'm going to work with. It's a 30 week program, although since I haven't been in the pool in months, I'm thinking I should start that part early. Are you going to be working with a coach too?

Christina

Alli8624's ravatar Alli8624    JOINED: 4/22/13    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 12/02/13 3:05 PM

Hi Guys,

I am also signed up for IMLP (it's my first), and I'm going to be following the Be Iron Fit plan with a few modifications. I live in the clarendon area of Arlington, but I like to train with people and wouldn't mind meeting up anywhere around the metro area. I am starting training this week. I don't do masters swimming, but I come from a strong swimming background and am always happy to help out with technique and workouts, so feel free to be in touch!

Alli
whalenaj@bonaventure.edu

POSTED: 12/03/13 12:54 PM

Hi Alli,

It's my first Ironman too, so you're in good company. And starting this week makes me feel like a slacker :). I've told myself every week since November I'd get back in the pool. I still haven't made it.

I signed up for the off-season spin program yesterday for some winter riding, but I'd love to do some winter runs and can also meet up wherever. For longer runs, I'm at about an 8:30 pace.

Let's keep in touch!

Christina

marathonpat's ravatar marathonpat    JOINED: 2/16/13    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 12/04/13 12:29 PM

Hey guys,

I'm signed up for IMLP as well. And it will be my first. Still trying to figure out which training plan to do. I also live in Arlington, but can meet up in the district for training.

--Patrick

Gizmo's ravatar Gizmo    JOINED: 10/19/13    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 12/04/13 2:24 PM

I'm doing IMMT I usually run the Mt Vernon trail. Just did a marathon last week but I should be good to go for long runs again next week.

POSTED: 12/11/13 7:42 PM

Awesome. Sounds like we have a few people. I've already heard from Octavio and Alli, but if you all want to shoot me an email, we can start an email chain. I'd love to hear others' thoughts on training plans. Annd I need motivation to get in the pool.

clark.christina.a@gmail.com

Spot99    JOINED: 4/15/11    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 12/11/13 8:24 PM

I did IMLP this year and signed up for 2014. Lake Placid is a great place and a great race.

As for swimming, have you given any thought to the DCTri Masters program. I do the morning session and there are a number swimmers have done an Ironman. I have definitely improved.

I'll shoot an e-mail for an e-mail chain.

Dave

jennism's ravatar jennism    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 12/12/13 9:40 AM

I did IMLP this past summer (2013) as my first Ironman, and I had an absolute blast. I am going to volunteer up there this year and register to race it again in 2015.

If anyone has any questions about how I went about training for my first IM, or specifically about IMLP, feel free to shoot me a message!

-Meaghan

wisola    JOINED: 12/2/13    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 12/19/13 1:53 PM

I am registered as well and am looking for a group to join. I am a first timer so could use the help.

Bill

JohnSteinTri's ravatar JohnSteinTri    JOINED: 12/30/13    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 12/30/13 1:36 PM

Hey everyone,

I just joined the DC Triathlon Club (spent the last 2 years with Team FeXY) and will be racing Lake Placid in 2014 as well. I raced IM Texas 70.3 this past April and will be racing IM Raleigh 70.3 in June '14 as well, but Placid will be my first full Ironman.

Since I'm new to the club, I would love to link up with others training for Placid this winter/spring and to be included on any email chain you have already going. I live in Ballston right now but tend to train anywhere my bike/legs take me!

Cheers,
John
jlstein08@gmail.com

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 239
POSTED: 12/31/13 11:10 AM

I'm in for IMLP, too. I've done a few IMs already and rode the course last year to train for IMMT (the timing was perfect for a race rehearsal before heading to Quebec). Happy to help the new folks and answer questions as you prepare.

I'm a member of team Pursuit Athletic Performance, so I'll have my plan set but am always game for group rides, etc (even when I have my own intervals to do). I'm in Alexandria and go to XSport if anyone else goes and wants to swim.

pls add me to a chain: rah.2774@gmail.com

Becky

oh, and there is still room in my house if you're in need. The houses went crazy fast, I could only find one the day after the race last year which was nuts!

gregmcd    JOINED: 8/29/13    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 12/31/13 3:01 PM

My wife and I have also signed up for IMLP. My first IM and my wife's fourth. Although she has had a 10 year break with two kids. We are very excited for the race. We have signed up for the Ironman Training Plan through DC Tri but will need to make a few adjustments to hit the IMLP date.

We live on Capitol Hill and would love to team up with this group for some group rides/runs/swims. We would also be interested in exchanging child care coverage those who also have that need.

Let us know,
Greg & Monique

greg@triathlonparents.com
monique@triathlonparents.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria