Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Parkfairfax/Shirlington / Arlington Training
CREATED: 01/23/11 by ksweet REPLIES: 4
ksweet    JOINED: 1/23/11    POSTS: 5
Parkfairfax/Shirlington / Arlington Training
POSTED: 1/23/11 2:09 PM

I just joined the DC Tri Club and am new to the area. I have completed four sprint tris, although that was in 2008. I have signed up for the nations tri and need to find other wanting to train in my area. This will be my first Olympic distance race. I am also interested in doing a sprint tri in May or June but want to train with a group. I'm the strongest at running and completed two half marathons within the last six months. I am also interested in doing a half in March, if anyone is interested. I can be reached at kimmiesweet26@gmail.com. I look forward to meeting and training with new people in the area.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1750
RE: Parkfairfax/Shirlington / Arlington Training
POSTED: 1/24/11 9:37 AM

Welcome. Note that a number of folks are doing the San Juan half in March. One club group trains fairly near you at the Xsport gym in Alexandria. The Chinquapin and Washington Lee high pools are close to you, as is the latter's track. Some steep training hills near you, and around Lake Barcroft, and mt biking and trail running at Wakefield Park....

ksweet    JOINED: 1/23/11    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 1/24/11 9:42 PM

Thank you for the insight! I'll check out the gym and see what I come up with. Thanks again.

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 1/25/11 12:26 AM

Hi Kim, Welcome to the club! Tomorrow, I will send you an e-mail with all of the Tri training options that we have at Xsports in Alexandria. The best way to meet our club members is to go to our monthly Club and Regional Happy Hours! I will send you more info about them as well.

Cheers,

Adriana

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 1/25/11 10:58 AM

Hi Kim - I live in Alexandria - West End and regulary bike on the W&OD trail starting in Shirlington. Most warn you though that I am a fair weather biker so I will not be on the trail until spring. I usually ride early Sat or Sun AM. My email is:
clarebearcolburn@yahoo.com

I am also not a super fast rider - average 15-17 mph. Did you know there is a speed limit on the trail? So I won't admit to going any faster, especially on the donw hills.

I also swim at Chinquapin 3xs a week. Long runs on Sat around Alex. Usually TC Williams track is open on Sat if you want to hit that during a long run. If not, the hills on Braddock Road and through Park Fairfax present a challenge.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria