CREATED: 09/13/09 by ballstoncyclist REPLIES: 22
ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 492
Thanks DC Tri Voluneers at Nation's
POSTED: 9/13/09 1:19 PM

You guys rock!

alex's ravatar alex    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
RE: Thanks DC Tri Voluneers at Nation's
POSTED: 9/13/09 2:00 PM

What a well organised event and what fantastic volunteers.

Great race and well done to everyone!!

ppgodes's ravatar ppgodes    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 9/13/09 2:40 PM

So awesome seeing our DC Tri Peeps in the yellow volunteer shirts. Triathletes so owed that city today. So cool riding the streets of DC without a single car. Unfortunately, had to make it through that swim to get to the bike.

Thanks again everyone, especially Becky who graciously took me home. I was actually thinking of walking, after my morning cab fiasco.

That's it for me...8 this year is enough. Maybe next year I'll actually try to "peak" for something.

Paula

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 9/13/09 2:48 PM

Yeah.. Thank to all the Volunteers. You all rocked. Races are nothing without you all.

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 9/13/09 4:04 PM

The volunteers were awesome!! Thanks for being out there & for cheering.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 958
POSTED: 9/13/09 5:12 PM

You all are very welcome. A big thanks to all the DC Tri volunteers. I know there were a lot more of you out there than at the Mile 5 DCTri water stop. I do think we had the best water stop aid station out of all of them (although, admittedly, I only saw the Mile 4 station across the street from us). It was the cleanest! And free hugs were given out to those who wanted. :)

Thank you to everyone who volunteered (at the water stop and elsewhere). Triathlons could not go on without you. It's still my goal, one day, to see an Elite/Professional out there on the volunteer circuit helping out. Not sure it'll ever happen, but it is my goal. :)

And a great job to all the racers! You had a perfect day for your race. Great job and great race to everyone.

slashykk    JOINED: 5/31/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 9/13/09 7:54 PM

Thank you SO MUCH to all the great volunteers. Could have used a few more in kayaks out on the swim course but whatever...a girl next to me was hyperventilating and needed help and there were no kayaks near by. I wove and screamed for a good thirty seconds before someone came over to help her out.

Bryan- the DC tri water station was BY FAR the best. Thank you guys!! It was a great boost for the last mile!

Definitely a great race tho.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1063
POSTED: 9/13/09 8:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to second all thanks for the volunteers! We had 100+ volunteers which represents nearly 25% of the volunteer force for the race weekend. We also had nearly 400 racers registered!

That support of our hometown race is amazing and it's appreciated immensely. No other group even came close to matching our participation in making this race happen.

DC Tri rocks!

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 9/13/09 9:40 PM

I'd like to echo the above sentiments - it was great to see (and meet!) so many DC Tri racers & even more so, see the great representation of volunteers. My powerade at mile 5 was even cold!!

And as for pros volunteering, I will say that at Timberman Chrissie Wellington and others handed out finisher's medals after the race, so it does happen & goes to show that we can all give back :)

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 9/13/09 9:51 PM

Great volunteers! I appreciate the effort - this years race was twice as big as last year, I think. I loved every minute!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 9/14/09 12:10 AM

very good volunteer support, it was literally the perfect amount of volunteers, not lacking any and definitely not too many volunteers.

very good job.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 9/14/09 8:23 AM

Y'all looked great out there. All 258 or so waves of you.

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 9/14/09 9:19 AM

Agreed with everyone, great volunteer support. Thanks to all of those out there - it was great to see familiar faces at virtually every facet of the race, from packet pick up, to the perky greetings at body marking, to the free hugs at mile 5, to another supportive hug at the finish line. You guys are all awesome!

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 9/14/09 9:53 AM

THANK YOU to all of the volunteers for this race weekend! And extra big thanks to Travis & Katie Hathaway for their hard work recruiting and coordinating all the volunteers. It was really amazing to see so many DC Tri clubbers in yellow shirts (especially so many of my NTPers! - I'm a proud den mother :::^D:: ).

Also, big kudos to those who I saw working multiple volunteers shifts (and also volunteering after finishing the race - you rock, Neal!).

trialoha    JOINED: 8/4/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 9/14/09 11:18 AM

Thanks to everyone who participated for making me feel included and welcome. It was so nice to meet everyone through volunteering for this wonderful event. After Sunday, I know that I'll be participating in this event as a competitor next year!

tycottrill    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 100
POSTED: 9/14/09 12:39 PM

I would like to join in thanking all of the DC Tri volunteers who gave up parts of their weekend to make this such a great race. It was great to see and hear so many club members cheering throughout the race, especially AJ and Hugh at mile 4 and the huge club turnout at the final water stop. I somehow managed to miss the marker for mile 5, so the DC Tri water stop was just the push I needed to get to the finish.

ducke's ravatar ducke    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 9/14/09 12:41 PM

To all who volunteered, THANKS. It was nice to see familiar DC TRI faces all throughout the race. Thanks again for stepn to the plate. Just proves DC TRI rocks.

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 9/14/09 1:15 PM

Thank you volunteers!!! You folks helped pull me through those last couple miles at the water stop after a painful race.
-Jason

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 9/14/09 1:20 PM

It was definitely nice to have you guys at mile 5 yesterday it was good motivation for the last mile.

marvin2009    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 9/14/09 1:28 PM

Thank you DC Tri volunteers! I saw so many familiar faces in yellow shirts that I thought I was at an NTP weekend training event! It was great racing in Nations with my DC Tri family at every turn! You guys are awesome!

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria