DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

NTP2010 - Where you at?
CREATED: 02/09/10 by chloevdc REPLIES: 73
chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
NTP2010 - Where you at?
POSTED: 2/09/10 4:46 PM

Hey NTPers,

Where do you live? and where are you most likely to work out? Are you looking to train with others in your 'hood?

I'm in Columbia Heights, in walking distance to Adams Morgan, Mt. Pleasant, and U Street.
I swim at Marie Reed on Tues and Thurs mornings. Last summer I met with some friends (NTP2009ers) at the park on 16th and Harvard to run usually on Monday and Wednesday mornings.

I'm happy to meet up with folks in the area to train. For longer rides/run I can meet anywhere that is metro accessible.

Ciao,
Chloe

rebecca2216    JOINED: 2/9/10    POSTS: 9
RE: NTP2010 - Where you at?
POSTED: 2/09/10 8:03 PM

Hi Chloe,

I live in Cleveland Park, and am still figuring out where I'll be training regularly, and I am definitely looking for people to work out with! I was thinking of checking out the Wilson pool in Tenleytown (open on the weekends, which is nice), but Marie Reed is actually just as close to me, so I could try that too! Maybe next Tuesday I'll join you? Is there parking at Marie Reed? I've never been there.

I'm thinking of trying to do a longer bike and/or run on the weekends in Rock Creek Park (maybe with the group that goes out from Pierce's Mill? does that still happen?) since that is really close to me.
Anyone else in CP who wants a morning/evening running buddy... let me know!

-Rebecca

hollygal    JOINED: 4/9/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 2/10/10 1:38 PM

I'm in Mount Pleasant and would like someone to train with! I especially need a swimming partner but would like to do running and biking routes too. I can definitely join you for Tuesday/Thursday am swims. What time do you swim?

younkink's ravatar younkink    JOINED: 7/6/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 2/10/10 5:43 PM

I'm in capitol hill, anyone else around here?

pjhicks    JOINED: 1/23/10    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 2/10/10 6:18 PM

I'm in Old Town Alexandria. Right now I'm working out at the gym, but when the weather improves - if it ever improves - I'd be interested in getting together with some folks to do some things outdoors, especially bike riding.

angie2343's ravatar angie2343    JOINED: 8/19/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 2/10/10 6:23 PM

Uh oh, I might be in trouble. Any takers for Montgomery County?

zubronie's ravatar zubronie    JOINED: 9/21/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 2/10/10 6:49 PM

I'm in Capitol Hill as well. I've been training at the Results Gym (running, stationary bike, and core strengthening) and would love to find a pool that is open. I tried to go to my gym (with a pool) in Arlington yesterday only to find out it was closed, and the same thing happened this morning when I tried to go to the pool in Tenleytown. This snow is insane. I was x-country skiing to cover for some of the running, but now even that is hard to do (salt, rough snow). Yikes!

younkink's ravatar younkink    JOINED: 7/6/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 2/10/10 6:56 PM

I've been swimming mostly at wilson in tenleytown, but there is also a pool right in eastern market that's not bad. I dont know if any of the dcpr facilities will be open until the city has recovered from the snow though :)

rcmagnus's ravatar rcmagnus    JOINED: 1/23/10    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 2/10/10 9:05 PM

Anyone in arlington...or planning on running/biking on the mount vernon trail (when there's not mounds of snow)?

-Rachel

sakarp    JOINED: 2/3/10    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 2/10/10 11:05 PM

Hi all, was out of the country for the HH and the orientation but hope to meet you all soon

Currently live in Adams Morgan but looking for a new place as of March 1. Will probably end up in the takoma park area. I'd love to ride/run in rock creek when it gets warmer.

Most of swimming however will probably happen at the Georgetown Uni pool.

-Sakar

caribtaj's ravatar caribtaj    JOINED: 2/11/10    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 2/11/10 1:14 AM

This is very exciting!!! This will be my very first tri and I have been training at my gym (Results), but would love to meet up with others for biking. I live in the Eckington/Shaw area and bought my road bike last summer.

stiefler    JOINED: 6/2/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 2/11/10 9:29 AM

I'm on Capitol Hill in NE. I swim at the Eastern Market pool but I'm probably too crappy a swimmer to be going with a group right now. I'm up for road-biking (weather permitting) and running anytime. In fact, I'd be down for some snow running today and/or tomorrow if anyone is interested. Let me know - Stiefler [at] gmail .

lizard151    JOINED: 5/8/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 2/11/10 2:51 PM

I live in Old Town, but work in downtown DC and belong to Results, so I'd be happy to meet up with anyone at either of those locations (and some others).

DMarie's ravatar DMarie    JOINED: 11/30/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 2/11/10 3:51 PM

I live on Capitol Hill and use the Eastern Market pool (generally in the mornings before work). I am trying to get a consistent routine going, but the snow is definitely making things difficult. The weather has me stuck in the Senate gym on the treadmill and stationary bike. Unfortunately, even that has been closed most of this week! I have some catching up to do. :)

- Diana

mspector87's ravatar mspector87    JOINED: 1/15/10    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 2/11/10 4:27 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm in NW DC just north of Glover Park. I'm swim up at Woodrow Wilson Pool if anyone is interested. Otherwise I am down for biking Capitol Crescent Trail if anyone is too.

~Max

gibsons    JOINED: 8/26/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 2/11/10 4:33 PM

I'm in Glover Park (NW DC). I belong to the Washington Sports Club there but I'm looking for a pool to swim in so thanks for the tip, Max. I'm interested in group rides/bikes/swims for sure!

Logan

kbolton    JOINED: 1/29/10    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 2/11/10 4:51 PM

Oh! I live in Mt Pleasant and work in Silver Spring, and it would be ridiculously helpful to have some training partners in either or both locations. I belong to the Washington Sports Club, so I've been swimming there. The Silver Spring WSC's pool is about 2 feet long.

rwilliams25    JOINED: 12/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 2/12/10 12:44 AM

I'm in Columbia Heights and swim at the pool at the Washington Sports Club. It would be nice to partner up and have others to run and swim with.

gswiszcza's ravatar gswiszcza    JOINED: 1/27/10    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 2/12/10 11:41 AM

I'm in the North Dupont/U Street area and I swim at Marie Reed on Tuesday and Friday nights. It'd be great to get together with folks to do some training! Although, I'm pretty slow at all the sports so far... :)

EmilyC's ravatar EmilyC    JOINED: 7/17/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 2/14/10 2:05 PM

Logan/Max... I am also in the Glover Park area and a member of WSC. I'll definitely be up for group rides or runs from here when the snow melts! I don't know if Beach Drive is plowed yet but that's also a great ride. Capital Crescent and Beach Dr are about equidistant from GP.

What's the best way to coordinate? On this forum or maybe a FB group for NTP 2010ers?

Emily

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria