Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Volunteers Needed for August 21st Training Tri
CREATED: 08/10/11 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 7
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
Volunteers Needed for August 21st Training Tri
POSTED: 8/10/11 2:03 PM

We are in need of 12-14 volunteers for the training triathlon on Sunday, August 21st. Some of the duties are gear watching, timing/recording, body marking and course marshall. Email me if you can lend a hand - racedirector at dctriclub dot org. Thanks in advance.

-Hugh

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
RE: Volunteers Needed for August 21st Training Tri
POSTED: 8/10/11 2:16 PM

Hugh,

I want to sign up for the training tri, but I'm a bit rusty on the swim. My question to you is, are there any kayak supports during the swim? If so, how many? If not, sign me up to volunteer.

Oh, what about swim noodles? Do you need volunteers to hand those out? I know a guy.

Tuan

POSTED: 8/10/11 2:37 PM

Tuan,

There is NO kiddie pool at Hains Point and we don't allow those noodles, rafts, or any flotation device that would assist anyone on the swim. We'll have one lifeguard, plus Bryan Frank will be poolside.

Take a tip from me and enjoy a month off after your Ironman race. Hey, it's the off season for you (pre-season for me).

POSTED: 8/14/11 8:38 PM

Okay, we have about 8 volunteers already for next Sunday. I promise to bring muffins and java for anyone helping out. Email me at racedirector at dctriclub dot org.

POSTED: 8/15/11 9:53 PM

Many thanks to those who have responded in the past two days to offer up their assistance for the training tri. We probably could use 3-4 more to help out next Sunday. Email me - racedirector at dctriclub dot org

-Hugh

POSTED: 8/16/11 11:25 PM

Just bumping this thread.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 8/17/11 10:35 AM

No brain eating amoebas in the pool?

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 8/17/11 4:10 PM

no just brain eating triathlete zombies that is all, so swim and bike fast zombies aren't that fast usually, at least they aren't in the movies

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria