Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

results for nations tri?
CREATED: 09/13/09 by bananaspeed REPLIES: 14
bananaspeed    JOINED: 5/18/09    POSTS: 5
results for nations tri?
POSTED: 9/13/09 3:38 PM

anybody know if anything has been posted yet-- and where?

Jason Mulveny

lieutenantmudd's ravatar lieutenantmudd    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
RE: results for nations tri?
POSTED: 9/13/09 4:17 PM

http://onlineraceresults.com/event/view_event.php?event_id=4083

rmacalpine    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 9/13/09 6:10 PM

Thanks for posting that, you would think they would bother posting that on the website . . . oh wait, it's too full of sponsor ads!

At the "briefings" (where they refused to let people ask questions) they said over 6,000 had registered. Then on race day they said "somewhere around 4,700" and now there are under 4,000 here (3,933).

Does that mean the missing numbers are people who did not finish?

Anyone know what happened to the girl who crashed on the Whitehurst fwy?

lieutenantmudd's ravatar lieutenantmudd    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 9/13/09 6:24 PM

Maybe 6000 signed up, 4700 showed up, and 3933 finished?

If you set it for show all results, it lists 3933 and none of them are DNF...

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1062
POSTED: 9/13/09 8:20 PM

Don't forget that the person who updates the website with the
results is also probably still at the race site overseeing the tear down of the race course...... We should cut them some slack.

6,000+ were registered. We can only estimate the actual numbers that will show up and usually assume around a 20% attrition rate. Keep in mind, those no shows and the sponsors that put their ads on the website are the people you should thank for keeping your race entry fee under $200. That's just the nature of the beast when you are participating in a big city race.

I didn't know about a crash on the race course and will look for more details for you. I hope that everyone is okay and will post any details I can find out.

Congrats to everyone who raced today!
If you have any criticisms/complaints/compliments, shoot me an email at volunteer@wseminc.com and I'll pass them on to the race staff. They rely on your feedback to make improvements for next year.

-Travis

I

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 9/13/09 9:54 PM

Travis - Great job! The last tri of the year for me and I always look forward to it...now if you could just get that sun out of my face on the swim leg...

Please pass my thanks to all involved this year. The finish at the TX area was a much better idea.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 9/13/09 10:27 PM

i'm actually very impressed with the timing company that they used at the nations triathlon that allowed them to give you a printout of your official time at the tent right after finishing.

its amazing that they even have a link at all for the results within 8 hours of finishing that is really very very unheard of and truly out of the ordinary.

I have never seen any race put up results on the web with this speed.

they did a good job.

As much as i complain about most things (that is basically everything) the use of sponsor logos on the website never really bothered me. Mainly because they kept it very simple and didn't use flash media or such that slows down the loading of the website. but hey that is just my opinion.

good race organization/good race course/good volunteers/good weather, that's about all you can ask for on raceday.

amcbride    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 40
POSTED: 9/14/09 8:17 AM

Great race, having the results email out by mid afternoon is impressive, so no complaints there. I have a few on packet pickup that I will send in.

I heard from one official that 4,400 packets were picked up. Have to admit that I think we have reached maximum capacity on the course - most physical swim I've ever done!

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 9/14/09 8:25 AM

Great job everyone. It was cool watching some of the 387 swim waves.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 9/14/09 9:18 AM

All in all a great race. I was a bit mystified at the huge field and seemed double the field from last year. This is by far the largest tri that I have done. I was in the 3rd to last swim wave so the bike course probably had a little less volume than earlier waves experienced. Plus - not as hot as last year so that was great. The race organization was as flawless as I could guess with such a huge field - just think about all that could have gone wrong and it didn't. I caught a glimpse of C.Brodsky when I went to get my bike after the race. The guy was smiling and laughing - I would call that MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Really a great local race and a national event.

Package pick up was by far superior to last year where there was only one volunteer checking everyone in after the safety check. And wow - that was the best expo I have seen for a tri. Really kudos all around.

This is my last tri of the season so I am happy to end on a high note.

Thanks to all the behind the scene people that made this a success. Thanks fo the DC Tri people volunteers and participants - it was nice to find some familar faces among the crowd.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1298
POSTED: 9/14/09 9:33 AM

As a spectator, I want to see a mass start next year. I'll bring the popcorn if someone brings the sodas :)

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 9/14/09 9:45 AM

What? You mean that wasn't a mass start?? ::L^(::

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 9/14/09 10:29 AM

Normally I don't say mean things, but if Tuan gets us a mass start, I am going to beat him like a Pinata. It was enough of a battle with the waves hitting only 3 min apart. Got free for a bit, and then ran into the wave in front of me. Good training for the mass start at IMFL though. The race was AWESOME. I had my doubts when starting the race with so many people, but I truely think everything was well taken care of and the organization was top notch. A little crowded, but hey, it just means there are a lot of people that love this sport as much as me. 2 thumbs up from me.

harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 94
POSTED: 9/16/10 1:11 PM

Check the numbers our here! You all were part of a Guinness World Book of Records:
http://www.runwashington.com/news/2867/314/Robert-Wade-of-Arlington-and-Peggy-Yetman-of-Leesburg-are-Tops-at-the-5th-Annual-Nation%C3%A2-s-TriathlonTM.htm

harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 94
POSTED: 9/16/10 1:12 PM

PS - For more updates about Results, the race and training advice, join the Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/TheNationsTriathlon?ref=ts

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria