Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Rock Hall Oly
CREATED: 02/25/12 by jgoodine REPLIES: 5
jgoodine's ravatar jgoodine    JOINED: 12/31/10    POSTS: 37
Rock Hall Oly
POSTED: 2/25/12 1:34 PM

Has anyone done the Rock Hall Olympic Tri before? It's part of the Maryland Setup Event Series. It looks like a good race, but I'd love to hear feedback from DCTri club members.

Happy Training
Jess

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
RE: Rock Hall Oly
POSTED: 2/25/12 1:40 PM

Hey Jess -

Setup Events (in general) puts on a great race. They aim to keep their races small (<800), with venues that are normally spectator friendly and generally good courses! I'm not sure on the specifics around Rock Hall but in the event you (or others) register for this race, be sure to head over to our race discount section of the site (www.dctriclub.org/racediscounts) to redeem a discount to MTS and VTS races.

Ryan
President, DC Tri Club

saubbie23's ravatar saubbie23    JOINED: 1/11/11    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 2/27/12 9:59 AM

I did it last year. It was small, but a decent race. I think last year was the first year they did it. There wasn't much support on the run, and not too many folks on the bike course, but it is flat and fast.

pmart15's ravatar pmart15    JOINED: 12/14/09    POSTS: 125
POSTED: 2/27/12 3:21 PM

Flat and fast? Yes please!

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
POSTED: 2/27/12 3:31 PM

Hey Jess, I signed up for the sprint on the next day. Our training tri is on 6/02, so I can't race that day. The race is on the other side of the bay bridge and it's very flat over ther.

Ryan, thanks for the discount code.

-Hugh

jgoodine's ravatar jgoodine    JOINED: 12/31/10    POSTS: 37
POSTED: 2/27/12 8:18 PM

thanks so much for the advice everyone! let me know if anyone else signs up for it. i'd love a buddy to go up with or a familiar face to see in the race crowd.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria