DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Open Water Swim Clinic This Saturday at Lake Anna
CREATED: 05/03/11 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 2
dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1301
Open Water Swim Clinic This Saturday at Lake Anna
POSTED: 5/03/11 9:31 AM

Hello Everyone,

As part of the PeasantMan experience, we will hold an open water swim clinic at Lake Anna. This is open to everyone, not just folks who are signed up for PeasantMan. The event will occur on Saturday May 7th, at 4:00 PM. There is a free bike handling clinic that starts at 3:00 PM. The clinic is only $10. If you wish to stay long after and enjoy the BBQ that the organizers are having at 7:00 PM, please drop me an email at number55555@yahoo.com. The BBQ is free for all PeasantMan registrants but will be $5 for non-participants.

The clinic is put on by one of the premier OWS organization in the area (WaveOne). Chances are that if you have done an OWS in the area, you have done it either directly through WaveOne or one of the entities that it support (i.e., PeasantMan). WaveOne has also done swim clinics for DCTri NTP, DCTri Oly distance paid program, and among others in the area.

You can come out for the swim clinic or you can just come out and take advantage of the marked swim course. It's not every day that one gets to do a practice OWS with buoys and safety water patrol. There will also be free wetsuit rentals for all participants. Bonzai Sports will have their wetsuit van their for you to use ... at no cost.

To sign up for the swim clinic, go to the below URL. You can pay for the BBQ on site.
http://www.feelthewater.com/PeasantMan_Swim_Registration.html

Below is a brief description of the swim clinic on WaveOne's web site:

We begin with a brief orientation and condition overview. The swim clinics will cover the basics in open water racing, water acclimation, sighting, race strategies and stroke techniques. Clinics will run approximately 30 - 40 minutes with instruction on land and in the water. The balance of the session may be used to swim and practice techniques. Swimmers may choose to participate in an open water swim only around the 750m (1/2 mile) marked course for the duration of the session.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me at number55555@yahoo.com
Tuan

mbowman4's ravatar mbowman4    JOINED: 5/3/10    POSTS: 14
RE: Open Water Swim Clinic This Saturday at Lake Anna
POSTED: 5/03/11 12:33 PM

I am registered and planning to go down to Lake Anna just for the swim clinic Saturday. If anyone wants a ride down there email me

(first).(last).4@gmail.com

Marcus Bowman

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1301
RE: Open Water Swim Clinic This Saturday at Lake Anna
POSTED: 5/04/11 10:45 AM

Just a clarification, the free wetsuit rental/demo is for PeasantMan participants only. We will cue off that sheet when giving off of the demo.

If you have not registered for PeasantMan, you can still do the clinic but you will need to pay for the wetsuit rental if you need one.

This is also an excellent opportunity for those doing Kinetic who wish to preview the swim venue.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria