Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike Transport For Ironman 70.3 Hawaii advice needed
CREATED: 04/08/12 by JayC101 REPLIES: 3
JayC101's ravatar JayC101    JOINED: 2/27/11    POSTS: 105
Bike Transport For 70.3 Hawaii advice needed
POSTED: 4/08/12 8:53 AM

I am doing the Hawaii 70.3 Ironman in June and this will be the first time I have ever had to transport my bike long distance. I had hopped to simply use Tribike Transport but when I checked their site for this race they had no shops in the DC area listed for bike drop off locations. In fact it looked like they only had drop off locations on the west coast for this race.

So my question is, are their any other reputable services out there that do what Tribike Transport does I can look into and if not I suppose this means I have to transport it myself which would mean I need to look at getting a bike transport bag?? Any good recommendation for those?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

bwinterroth's ravatar bwinterroth    JOINED: 5/12/11    POSTS: 66
RE: Bike Transport For Ironman 70.3 Hawaii advice needed
POSTED: 4/09/12 6:06 AM

I used tribike transport last year for Kona (october). Freshibikes in Bethesda was the drop off / pick-up point, so I'm surprised that they aren't an option. Check again, but this time look in MD or VA and not DC.

bwinterroth's ravatar bwinterroth    JOINED: 5/12/11    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 4/09/12 6:11 AM

ok...just checked for Hawaii 70.3. The list of bike shops is WAY shorter than a any of the races I've used them for to date and there's nothing on the East coast. I guess they aren't expecting many people on this side of the country to race that event.

check into shipping via fedex or ups. might be cheaper than flying it over with you.

JayC101's ravatar JayC101    JOINED: 2/27/11    POSTS: 105
POSTED: 4/09/12 12:03 PM

Thanks for looking, I think I am just gonna rent a bike box from Bonzai and take it on the plane with me.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria