Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Hains Point century ride Sunday for IMFL
CREATED: 08/27/10 by timkelley REPLIES: 3
timkelley    JOINED: 1/4/10    POSTS: 13
Hains Point century ride Sunday for IMFL
POSTED: 8/27/10 9:56 PM

Hey Everyone--I'm planning on going out to Hains Point this coming Sunday morning (starting around 8:30ish) to get in a century ride in prep for IM Florida.

Anyone interested? It's gonna be a blast!!

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
RE: Hains Point century ride Sunday for IMFL
POSTED: 8/27/10 10:35 PM

While 100mi of Hains Point sounds like a blast and all...

I rode flat rides all year last year to prepare for IMFL. Needless to say, I was woefully unprepared for the 70+ mi of headwind that we had on race day. I'd suggest something with at least a little up hill, preferably a long steady incline. (100mi of continuous uphill?) Plus, it could relieve some of the monotony of sooooooooooo many loops. Just don't let yourself coast on any downhills. Constantly pedaling for 5+ hours is an "experience."

Then again, a Hains Point century will certainly build discipline.

Ryan

timkelley    JOINED: 1/4/10    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 8/27/10 10:47 PM

Yeah, I did the Livestrong century in Philly last weekend with plenty of hills and rain. I'm happy to go back to "boring" for this weekends ride!

Was it all headwinds last year or were there any significant crosswinds?

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 8/27/10 10:57 PM

On the Livestrong century, nice! ... you are on a significantly better training plan than I was.

There were a bunch of people from the club who did IMFL last year. There was a late season hurricane that was blowing in. Cross winds were an issue, but not bad. If I remember right, a lot of the course goes west to east or east to west. The wind seemed to mostly be blowing east to west. On the up side, I distinctly remember going around one turn and suddenly feeling like someone was pushing me.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria