Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Washington DC Tri Canceled =(
CREATED: 03/14/12 by smitty1788 REPLIES: 4
smitty1788    JOINED: 12/19/11    POSTS: 10
Washington DC Tri Canceled =(
POSTED: 3/14/12 12:25 PM

HUGE Disappointment! Was really looking forward to this. Looks like I may not be doing a Tri this year because of timing. I'm going to end up getting a refund, none of the transfer races fit my goals for the year.

per the email:
The Washington DC Triathlon LLC regretfully announces the cancellation of the June 17 triathlon to be held in Washington DC . The event, which is held on National Park Service property, was recently denied the required Park Service permit for the 2012 race. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Event organizers will work with you by transferring your registration on request to one of six races listed below or provide you a registration refund. Please note that race transfers and refunds are available only until March 28 when registration fees become non-refundable and non-transferrable.

Nation's Triathlon
TriRock New York
TriRock Annapolis
Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half
Rock ‘n’ Roll Providence Half
Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half

pmart15's ravatar pmart15    JOINED: 12/14/09    POSTS: 129
RE: Washington DC Tri Canceled =(
POSTED: 3/14/12 2:16 PM

I transferred to the TriRock Annapolis which I was going to do regardless but still. Grrr!!!

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 3/14/12 3:16 PM

Please see the club's official response to this situation here:

http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=BC3F7947-029A-64F1-1EC85D8FA477BA30&page=1

We tried to get this up earlier today before multiple threads began and as the news was becoming public but for various reasons the timing didn't work out.

Ryan,
President, DC Tri

fitdega    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 3/23/12 4:53 PM

Desperately looking for another triathlon for an entire group of us. We are looking for a triathlon that has both the sprint and international distances held in one day and that also allow relay teams to participate. Anyone know of any?

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1783
POSTED: 3/25/12 8:38 PM

MonticelloMan?
Pittsburgh?
Northeast, MD?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria