Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Training Tri - THANK YOU!
CREATED: 06/06/09 by sandyc REPLIES: 21
sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
Training Tri - THANK YOU!
POSTED: 6/06/09 12:59 PM

Thanks to Hugh and all the many volunteers out there today for making the first training tri of the season a success! Volunteers ROCK!! And congrats to all the NTPers out there for completing their first swim-bike-run! Everyone looked great out there! Now if only the sun would come out as promised...

nopher    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 35
RE: Training Tri - THANK YOU!
POSTED: 6/06/09 1:30 PM

Just want to chime in on the thanks. It was such a smooth operation and really helped ID some areas for improvement.

THanks to the water ladies, time keepers, direction givers, BBQers, cheerers and of course to Hugh for organizing!

ssinclai's ravatar ssinclai    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 44
POSTED: 6/06/09 1:32 PM

Thanks Sandy and many thanks to all the volunteers! You all do rock! Special thanks to Hugh and Katie for cheering me on.

Thanks to everyone for being so great. This is a great club!

Shelly
NTP'09

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 247
POSTED: 6/06/09 1:45 PM

Congrats to everyone who participated in the training tri this morning, particularly to those NTP'ers who just completed their first races (and can now call themselves triathletes with their heads held high)! I was truly inspired by everyone's hard work and fantastic attitudes! Way to go!

And special thanks to Hugh for putting it all together and to my co-volunteers!

-Becky

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 6/06/09 2:29 PM

A huge thanks to all of the VOLUNTEERS!!! This could not have worked without you!

Glad to meet so many new people and in a different environtment than HH. Everyone looked really good out there. Big cheers go to the NTPers who raced today. You've got a good taste of what a triathlon is like.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of the day. Results will be up in a few days so please be patient. Go DC TRI! -Hugh

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 6/06/09 3:00 PM

Thank you to everyone who made this morning possible! I reckon we will never forget our first tri experience. Thanks for making it a great one!

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 6/06/09 3:31 PM

Excellently done! Thank you to Hugh and all the volunteers. I enjoyed the event a lot and everyone was so friendly. What a great club!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 6/06/09 4:31 PM

Hugh and all the Volunteers,

AWESOME JOB TODAY!!!!! Class A performance.

Z

aoliveira's ravatar aoliveira    JOINED: 5/12/09    POSTS: 22
POSTED: 6/06/09 5:33 PM

Big thanks to the organizer and volunteers. World class training tri. Thank you very much. Looking forward to the next.

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 6/06/09 5:43 PM

Each and every one of you looked FANTASTIC out there today! Great great job, everyone, and congrats to all the NTPers! Welcome to the dark side. bwahahahha

Hugh, you are a terrific RD. You make it look so easy! Photos will be posted momentarily.*

Stand by!

--Jeanne

*However I am in no way responsible for the quality of said photos. You people were all moving too fast. :)

RE: Training Tri - Photos Here!
POSTED: 6/06/09 5:58 PM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mccannjl/sets/72157619345667664/show/

Please tag, download, share, steal, whatever you like. It's entirely possible that some non-DC Tri peeps snuck into my photos. And sorry about the far away shots--it took me a while to realize I needed to stand IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD DIRECTLY in the path of the bikes to get good photos. Hence Lindsey's looks of alarm.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

drewpugh's ravatar drewpugh    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 6/06/09 9:00 PM

Hugh and all of the volunteers... thank you very much for a terrific event this morning. That was my taste of a tri and I'm really looking forward to more.

Jeanne... thanks for all the pictures. However, there's one picture of me on the bike and it looks like I'm barely moving. You could've at least blurred my legs a bit!!! ;-)

Thanks everybody!

-Drew

dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 6/06/09 10:26 PM

Thanks to all the volunteers - it was truly a blast! Congrats to all participants (particularly my NTP compatriots - awesome job!)

Great start to the weekend.

-Daniel

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 6/06/09 11:30 PM

Thanks to everyone who helped out with today's race. From the planning to the last post-race hamburgers, A+!

-Jason

fitdega    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 6/07/09 9:13 AM

Great great experience and looking forward to the next one. Thanks to everyone who volunteered and cheered us on! Hugh did a great job directing the event. Congrats to everyone - we are now officially triathletes right?

Dega

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 500
POSTED: 6/07/09 9:56 AM

Bummer I wish I was able to make it. Was out at the MS Ride canvasing some Virginia rollers. Next training tri is July 11th, right?

POSTED: 6/07/09 10:23 AM

Dega: You swam, biked, ran...and ATE! Yes, you are now officially (and every other way) TRIATHLETES!

juliemcdowell    JOINED: 5/13/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 6/07/09 11:04 AM

Thanks to all the volunteers--yesterday was great! Great opportunity to get my first tri under my belt.

amaceto    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 6/07/09 12:05 PM

Thank you to everyone who volunteered to make yesterday a wonderful experience. Special thanks to Hugh for all the planning and organizing to make everything run so efficiently. Jeanne, thanks for the photos of my first tri

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 6/07/09 12:37 PM

RTroll and everyone else,

The next training tri will be on SUNDAY, July 12th. Registration will be up sometime after I get back from IM-CDA.

-Hugh

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria