Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

December is Swim Month
CREATED: 12/22/09 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 10
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1059
December is Swim Month
POSTED: 12/22/09 9:20 AM

We have dropped down to 10th place in the standings. So far each person is averaging 4.0 miles this month. Time to pick it up (I know I've got my workouts planned).

Sunday, Dec. 27th - is anyone up for an afternoon swim? The pool I swim at is closed (due to the Redskins game) so I'm looking for someone and somewhere to swim. Anyone game for workouts from 1k-5k?

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 963
RE: December is Swim Month
POSTED: 12/22/09 9:35 AM

Averaging 4.0 miles per what? week? workout? month?! :)

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 269
POSTED: 12/22/09 9:46 AM

Hugh,
I'd join you for a swim on the 27th if it wasn't the same day as the 3 hour spinning class at the Y. However, I do have about 4 guest passes that expire at the end of the year and next week off of work if you want to come downtown and swim one afternoon at the Y? I'll go long. I can't keep up with you, but I don't mind doing a long swim. If we can rally a couple more, I'm happy to use up the guest passes. I'll have to count how many I have.
-Karen

POSTED: 12/22/09 10:36 AM

It's 4.0 miles per person so far this month and we only have ten days left. I'm still behind my mileage (I should have way more than I do now), but I was wiped out for four days with the flu. I've got some catching up to do, so I'm off to the pool in an hour.

Karen, I'll take you up on that. I don't mind doing double workouts.

charlie's ravatar charlie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 61
POSTED: 12/22/09 7:24 PM

hugh, i'll admit i've been slacking. i've not swam once since moving in November - i do miss the public swimming options dc has to offer. i can, however, be one of the leading runners for our team, and promise to get on the bike as soon as the holidays are over.

charlie

POSTED: 12/22/09 10:45 PM

All right! I don't want to jump on anyone's back about this, but here's how I look at it. If we can get everyone to swim 5 miles each over the next 10 days, we should be in good shape. You could swim 1 mile a day, every other day....and that would truly help.

We can do this. Go DC Tri!!!

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
POSTED: 12/22/09 11:22 PM

If anyone needs a coach, this guy might be able to help! Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYuSMumlUk4

Hugh, I'm keeping up with ya buddy. I got 3.25 miles in between last night and tonight. I was shooting for 2.5 miles tonight but masters kicked my butt and left me short!

Vacation starting tomorrow for two weeks so everyday is a swim day! :-)

RT

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 12/23/09 5:46 PM

I'm in, Hugh. I swam 1.25 today. I'll be able to get in the pool 4 more times by Dec 31.

POSTED: 12/23/09 6:45 PM

Great job, Carrie and Ryan! Everyone keep logging the yardage. We're up to 9th now and there are a few teams ahead of us who we can catch. I got in 3 this afternoon and am heading back tomorrow. Using fins really help out during my kicking sets.

POSTED: 12/28/09 1:54 PM

All right, we jumped up to 7th, but we're there no by much. There are only four days left this month. With the 46 people we have if we can average two miles each by then, we will stay a solid 7th. There are a few of us with swim mileage looking similar to the Redskins score last night.

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 12/28/09 9:58 PM

I plan to log some miles tomorrow morning!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria