Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Thanks Joe!
CREATED: 12/22/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 8
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1051
Thanks Joe!
POSTED: 12/22/09 2:13 PM

I was going to say something at the annual meeting but the snow had other ideas....

Joe deserves a solid round of thanks (or maybe a round of drinks) for his dedication and efforts to the club this year. Being president is no easy task and he gave countless hours per week to the club while traveling for work and training for IMLP while still living the lifestyle expected of DC's social elite. Enjoy your stay as ex-officio.... Life will be much easier!

To the rest of the board, it was great working with you. I think it was an excellent year for the club and we continue to get bigger and better. Additional special thanks go to Janice for her role as treasurer. Last year's president tricked her into the 'easy job' of DC Tri treasurer. Without going into the exciting financial details, all I can say is that whoever said the job was easy is a first class idiot ;-)

Thanks everyone and enjoy your holidays!

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
RE: Thanks Joe!
POSTED: 12/22/09 2:23 PM

I second this. Joe- thanks for a great job this year as president. You had a lot on your plate but still had time for all my questions.
And Janice- thanks for getting all our finances, licenses and tax filings straight for us.
I'm looking forward to being on the board again this year. We have a great group!

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 12/22/09 4:02 PM

Agreed - I know for a fact that being POTDCTC involves quite a bit of work. Hopefully, Joe, you will be able to enjoy the next year as a bit of an underachiever and do more of what you like best: bike rides.

Thanks to all of the board for another successful year and good luck to the 2010 BOD...you've got some big shoes to fill.

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 12/22/09 4:44 PM

The thanks are much appreciated although I think maybe I just deserve an I survived as president sticker. In all seriousness I had some excellent support from the rest of the board who on a very large number of occasions picked up my slack. There are definitely a few of you who went well above and beyond what I had expected or hoped for and basically made it look like I was doing a good job :-) I will definitely make sure to find you guys at happy hour and buy you a round (whether you want one or not :-)

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 12/22/09 4:46 PM

Thanks to Joe and all the board
The club is doing great
Happy 2010 !!!the year that the club will become National Champion...

Herminator's ravatar Herminator    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 12/22/09 4:58 PM

Bike rides? I always thought that Joe was a born swimmer. Clearly, I need to spend more of my time in DC to keep up with these changes...

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 12/22/09 7:14 PM

I would like to thank ALL of the DC Tri Club board members for their work over the last year, they have represented the club professionally and have contributed to the continued positive growth of the club.

Best wishes to the new incoming board members and happy holidays to all.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 12/22/09 10:39 PM

Definitely a huge kudos goes out to Joe and the BOD for their work this past year. One does not truly know how much work is involved until they become part of that group.

The good thing for Joe is that he'll now have more time to work on his swimming.

jules    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 110
POSTED: 12/23/09 1:25 PM

Thank you Joe, for all of your hard work on behalf of the club this year! Know that all of the time and energy you put into the club is truly appreciated and you have really made a positive impact on the club this year!

Also, a big thanks to the rest of the Board for their time and contributions this year! The dedication of the many club volunteers who donate their time to the club and to helping out at events and races is what makes this club great! It has been a terrific year for the club and I am looking forward to next year!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria