eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
Miami 70.3
POSTED: 12/22/09 4:37 PM

If anyone is interested in this race its going to be soldout in the next days
I am in who else

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
RE: Miami 70.3
POSTED: 12/23/09 10:00 AM

I am probably overcommitted with year, but maybe next year. I am interested to hear how the race goes off. I grow up in Miami and went to the U, so I know the area well.

POSTED: 11/01/10 3:06 PM

The race went bad really bad.

The swim was longer around 1.3 mile in to the current so that explains you the slow times.

The bike was flat as eagleman but instead on natural reserve in a residential area in Miami with 46 turns. in the turn around it was windy not as eagleman windy but windy enough to slow you down. They ran out of water after the first bike aid station so it was a dry ride.

the run you have to climb a the port bridge 8 times for the people to have an idea is a bridege with inclination of the Annapolis 10 miler that you cross twice. Ad that itt was 86 and hummid plus open to traffic and most of the aid station constantly running out of water.

Overall it was a really bad race so if you want to save money dont to this race it was bad really bad. And yes it was and Ironman branded race

Again save you money dont do it

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 11/01/10 7:29 PM

I heard lots of bad things about this race. Ironman already took down the website, so I assume it won't be back for another year.

POSTED: 11/01/10 9:00 PM

WHAT EVER YOU HEARD was 10 time worst

clcohen's ravatar clcohen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 11/01/10 9:54 PM

Ironman 70.30 Miami has a Facebook page. It's kind of funny, if it weren't so sad. It seems pretty much everyone thought it was a disaster:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ironman-703-Miami/265341890541

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
POSTED: 11/02/10 7:23 AM

I was a little concerned when I saw the course layout. Add to that poor race management and heat & humidity and it is a recipe for disaster. I guess MiamiMan Half is the better option. It is located in the Redlands in south Dade County.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
POSTED: 11/02/10 8:06 AM

On a 13.1 mile run, you run on the SAME bridge 8x? That is just crazy!

Not enough bike racks for all the bikes so people had to lean them on a fence?

A guy who finished 78th overall said that there were not any fluids there for him. Can't even imagine what that was like for the average folks when they got there.

Those Facebook postings just make you shake your head in disgusts

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 248
POSTED: 11/02/10 4:09 PM

Horrifying. I just wonder what the heck it is that WTC does with all the money they make for these races - if they can't even ensure the athletes have water to drink so they don't die (literally) on the course. All the more reason for me to start looking into non-branded races after IMWI is behind me next year.

Eric, I am really glad that you're okay.

POSTED: 11/02/10 4:27 PM

Thanks Rebeca
Tuan the bridge was 8 x plus open to trafic so you ran on the shoulder both ways

No enough bike racks and They went get more at Tampa also at night there was some hard winds that push many of the none racks bike to the floor.

I was in the next to last wave so I only 1 water station at the bike was loaded the 1st one the rest were none.

paramount production was incharge of the race (the also run Miami int tri) and they pay to put the IM logo. I knew that it was going to be a mess when they change the course 3 times in the last month.
Also the race was sold out in December so there are no excuses.

And I dont know what the hell WTC do with all the money they should monitor better who do they sell their name because it was bad.

Not to mention that packet pickup was horrible if you were not a USAT member. like 60% of the field

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 11/02/10 7:57 PM

Just saw this one, figured you might appreciate it!

http://ironman.com/mediacenter/pressreleases/wtc-responds-to-inaugural-ironman-70.3-miami-event#axzz14AhAbAcM

Due to the terrible race, WTC is giving all Miami 70.3 racers a free entry into a big handful of (but looks like not all) 70.3 races next year.

I was pretty negative about them with the Access issue and hearing about this race, but that's a pretty impressive response if you ask me.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
POSTED: 11/02/10 8:24 PM

WOW! I'm totally impressed .. not just with the comp entry but the taking over of the event. Let's give credit where credit is due. They didn't have to do this.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria