Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Turkey Thicket pool?
CREATED: 06/17/14 by acelles REPLIES: 3
acelles    JOINED: 1/25/12    POSTS: 15
Turkey Thicket pool?
POSTED: 6/17/14 6:25 PM

I just moved to Bloomingdale (NW DC) and am trying to get my bearings on easily accessible pools in my area - it looks like the Turkey Thicket pool is near, but I've heard that the pool doesn't have lockers that actually lock (since I'd be coming before/after work, this is a bit of a pickle). Does anyone know if this is still the case? Or have they updated the locker rooms? Thanks!

bronxking's ravatar bronxking    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 132
RE: Turkey Thicket pool?
POSTED: 6/17/14 7:55 PM

Hey, that was my local pool, but I recently moved. Half of the lockers can be locked, but the other half can't. You'll be fine. There's usually plenty of functional lockers, but bring your own lock. It's a nice pool and relatively clean.

Also, FYI, there's a DC Tri Monday and Wednesday swim group at Catholic University pool, but its $5 entry each time. You should be able to find info on them in the FORUM or in the TRAINING section of the website.

acelles    JOINED: 1/25/12    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 6/20/14 10:51 AM

Thanks! I checked it out on Wednesday, and unfortunately the pool was at capacity, and they weren't letting folks in. I was able to check out the locker rooms - there are definite tiny shoebox lockers that you can lock, but the larger, normal-sized lockers didn't have the ability to lock with your own lock. Ah well! Worth a shot. I ended up going to the CUA swim instead - much, much better!

anghev    JOINED: 10/29/13    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 6/20/14 4:01 PM

The only time I've been able to get in a good swim at Turkey Thicket has been during work hours, like at 10am or 2pm on a weekday. There are often water aerobics classes or it's just not open to the public for some reason. I usually lock my valuables in the small locker and use a bigger one for the rest of my things. It's my neighborhood pool but I would rather drive up to Takoma Park because you never know what to expect there.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria