Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Pain on the top of foot?
CREATED: 02/26/12 by kmwpro REPLIES: 3
kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
Pain on the top of foot?
POSTED: 2/26/12 1:36 PM

Has anyone ever experienced pain on the top of your foot when running?

It started on one foot right where you tie your shoe, so I attributed to tying my laces too tight and it mostly went away.

Now the other foot has the same pain, but in a different spot - right above my big toe. It feels like it's bruised, and even though my shoes are now laced up incredibly loose with stretchy speed laces, I had to cut my run short today.

It's not swollen and as soon as I take my running shoes off it's fine. It doesn't hurt when biking either. Weird? Any advice?

JayC101's ravatar JayC101    JOINED: 2/27/11    POSTS: 103
RE: Pain on the top of foot?
POSTED: 2/26/12 4:07 PM

I've had that problem before often with those type of lases you don't have to tie. Socks I found can be another cause. I would try using regular running shoe laces and maybe a thinner pair of socks if you use thicker socks currently.

kst718's ravatar kst718    JOINED: 8/29/11    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 2/26/12 8:28 PM

There are free injury screenings with a sports medicine doctor at Pacers stores in Clarendon and Logan a few times a month. Good luck!

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 2/27/12 8:14 AM

Thank you for the reminder about Pacers! I had seen that before but totally forgotten. There is an injury screening tomorrow night, which is good because today I've got a visible bruise on the top of my foot. Sad. I see a lot of swimming in my future.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria