Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Kansas 70.3
CREATED: 04/01/10 by djkim220 REPLIES: 3
djkim220    JOINED: 3/19/10    POSTS: 9
Kansas 70.3
POSTED: 4/01/10 7:25 PM

Just wanted to see if anyone else had this on their race schedule and would like to coordinate travel/hotel/etc.

And if anyone's done this race before, any suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Duke

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 237
RE: Kansas 70.3
POSTED: 4/02/10 9:00 AM

So Duke is going to Kansas to kick some ass...I guess since my NCAA pool got trashed this is the second option? Sorry, just thought that was funny...

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 4/02/10 10:01 AM

Not funny man.... I want a redo on this year's tourney.

Joe Coyne did this race it's first year and might have some tips for you. I grew up in Kansas and went to KU so I know that area well. Don't assume it's flat because it's not. It's fairly rolling terrain with some short/steep hills and there tends to be a pretty steady wind.

Milton's is good for breakfast and Free State is the place for beer. Make sure you check out KU's campus; it's a really good looking place aside from the giant orange brick dorm buildings.

I plan on doing it some year just for kicks but it's out for this season.

djkim220    JOINED: 3/19/10    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 4/02/10 4:48 PM

Only if training for a 70.3 was as easy as Duke's road to the final four....

Thanks for the tips. Realized after I committed that this course wasn't as easy as I hoped (my first 70.3). Oh well, I just hope to finish while Chrissie Wellington is giving out finisher medals!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria