Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ISO 50K ultra training plan
CREATED: 09/14/09 by postie REPLIES: 3
postie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 46
ISO 50K ultra training plan
POSTED: 9/14/09 11:26 PM

I just registered for my first 50K ultra, the HAT run, in March 2010. I recently finished Ironman Louisville, and I'm very interested in finding a 50K ultra training plan that includes cross training (swimming/biking).

I found that tri training really helped me run a pain-free marathon, although about 30 mins slower than my average marathon time.

A number of the ultra training programs I've seen online have a very long run on Saturdays followed by a shorter (8-10 mile) run on Sundays. I'd much prefer to run long on Saturday and then follow it up with biking on Sunday or something of that sort. BTW - I'm registered for all 4 of the EX2 Backyard Burn 10 milers.

Any suggestions for an ultra training program?

Thanks!

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
RE: ISO 50K ultra training plan
POSTED: 9/15/09 9:08 AM

This one is from the Annapolis striders. They have a very successful program. Check here and this will lead you to it.

http://annapolisstriders.org/JFK50trainingapp.pdf

jpacovich's ravatar jpacovich    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 9/15/09 3:13 PM

I'm actually thinking of doing a 50k run out in CA in Feburary 2010 and need to train as well.

Any suggestions on some scenic fall courses in the dc area?

postie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 9/15/09 4:28 PM

The EX2 backyard burn races are great - http://www.ex2adventures.com/byb-fall.php

Also, check out the VA Happy Trails Running Club website for other races and training runs: www.vhtrc.org

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria