Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Run Coach Recommendations
CREATED: 04/01/10 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 6
dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
Run Coach Recommendations
POSTED: 4/01/10 10:32 PM

A friend of mine is looking for a professional run coach to help him at the marathon distance. He's got quite a few marathons under his belt but is looking to do really well at the next one. I know that Fitness Concepts and Michelle B provide such services. Those are the two that I have recommended to him to look at.

Does anyone here have a run coach that they can recommend ? A web page reference or an email address would be appreciated. If you feel more comfortable with an offline email, please contact me at number55555@yahoo.com

Thanks
Tuan

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
RE: Run Coach Recommendations
POSTED: 4/02/10 12:52 PM

Tuan,

This isn't from personal experience but a friend of mine who trained for MCM to get under 3 hours ran with the Capital Area Runners, led by Coach George Buckheit. He had a really positive experience and recommended it. http://www.capitalarearunners.com/home.html

hilarysmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 4/02/10 1:43 PM

I recommend Sean Leenaerts. He's an avid runner and triathlete, and an awesome coach. He's energetic, knowledgeable/experienced, and -- most importantly for me --highly motivating. :)
seanleenaerts@yahoo.com

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 4/02/10 3:26 PM

I'll vouch for Joshua Hunsberger... he is very responsible with his athletes, knows triathlons and running through and through. He is a great coach for athletes of all levels... from the first time marathoner to those trying to reach the elite ranks in triathlon. And VERY importantly, he communicates often with his athletes, whether it be via phone or email.

You can reach him at bigredcoaching@gmail.com

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 4/02/10 10:24 PM

I highly recommend Mike Broderick. He is in Rockville & is the guru of the area there. I worked with him when I started running & he was great! He is an ultra runner now himself. I found him to be very attentive & knowledgeable. He called me after each race no matter what he was doing.

http://www.runningstrong.com/

lizard151    JOINED: 5/8/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 4/03/10 4:48 PM

I'll add a second plug for George Buckheit and Capital Area Runners. I've been running with them for years and love it. You can email him at george@capitalarearunners.com with questions directly. He's a great coach and will definitely make you faster.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 462
POSTED: 4/03/10 5:40 PM

I do not use a coach, but a few of my friends run with George and CAR. They all have gotten noticeably faster. He seems to produce some great results. Check out their website for more info.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria