DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Aug. 7th Pancreatic Cancer 1/2/3mi OWS swim
CREATED: 06/23/11 by laineym3 REPLIES: 3
laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
Aug. 7th Pancreatic Cancer 1/2/3mi OWS swim
POSTED: 6/23/11 1:40 PM

Hello fellow triathletes and friends,

I've been a member with DC tri just short of a year (this weekend marks my 1 yr anniversary of my 1st race ever!). Some of you know me from the MoCo Region Group, but I bet many don't since I reside in MD :)

In 2007, I was diagnosed with a rare form of pancreatic cancer. I went through very invasive surgery and difficult recovery, but I now have a clean bill of health. I still get scanned every year and will have my 5 yr milestone next year :) I started doing events with the "pancan" organization (who's kinda like Susan G. Komen without all the publicity, bells, and whistles) to raise money for pancreatic cancer awareness and research.

Anywhos... they have an event called "PurpleSwim" on August 7th in Baltimore, it's a 1 or 2 mile supported swim at Rocky Point Beach for $50 ($90 to do both). Purple cause that's the color for pancreatic cancer.

I thought it would be a great opportunity to get some supported OWS practice for a good cause, only about an hour drive away. I started a Team for this event. If you're interested in joining, please sign up!! I'm looking at the Oly, HIM, and IM people :) yes, you.

http://www.purpleswimbaltimore.org/
The Team Name is MoCo/DC Tri Swimmers

Thank you for your support!
Elaine

alussier    JOINED: 3/15/11    POSTS: 6
RE: Aug. 7th Pancreatic Cancer 1/2/3mi OWS swim
POSTED: 6/23/11 2:04 PM

I'm in! This cause is also very close to my heart as well and I love to support the PanCan network. Thanks for putting this out there!

Allison

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 7/14/11 11:00 PM

bump! :)

A reminder that the deadline to register for the OWS in time to ensure you get a t-shirt (the real reason we do these crazy endurance sports, right?) is July 17th. You can sign up the day of too, but maybe no shirt!

We have a team of 8 DC Tri'ers already! Thanks everyone for signing up and the amazing support.

Elaine

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 7/15/11 3:27 PM

Thanks for the reminder Elaine. I am in!
Dena

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria