DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Race Recommendations
CREATED: 02/05/13 by piyushdabomb REPLIES: 4
piyushdabomb    JOINED: 5/10/10    POSTS: 84
Race Recommendations
POSTED: 2/05/13 5:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

It's that time of the year again where most of us triathletes are signing up for upcoming races.

I've races in a handful of races around the DC area including Kinetic, SavageMan, etc... and I'm torn among several options that I'm considering that are open.

This year, I'm sticking with HIM distances again and I'd like to strike the right balance between local DC races and national races. I was thinking about going international, but after racing HIM Singapore and IM Canada, I realized how much of a costly venture it is.

Can someone please provide any light on my following questions?

1. I've done Kinetic now twice and I'm only considering the race again this year because I LOVE Lake Anna. Feels surreal swimming in that island of water. Does anyone have any recommendations for other HIM races around DC that's worth going to? I'm willing to try something else.

Are there any discount codes for Kinetic?

2. How many DC Tri Clubbers typically race HIM Cozumel? Is it worth looking into? I don't want to go alone just for a HIM, but if I know there's a big group going, I'm willing to do the HIM distance there.

3. What are some popular IM-sponsored races (HIM distance) that DC-ites typically go for in groups?

Thanks!

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1714
RE: Race Recommendations
POSTED: 2/05/13 6:05 PM

Large groups as ever will do TimberMan, EagleMan, MussleMan, HalfFull, maybe B2B & Myrtle. The Williamsburg club event.

roberttack    JOINED: 10/3/12    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 2/05/13 7:58 PM

Check out Annapolis Sprint Tri and Columbia

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
POSTED: 2/05/13 8:41 PM

IM Augusta 70.3 got some good DCTri representations for the past few years. I hear the same type of noise about people doing that race this year.

Why don't you look here
https://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Race.welcome. It will give you a pretty good indication of who's doing what.

Tuan

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 2/06/13 2:33 PM

And there is always Peasantman blessed by royalty...

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria