Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Harborfest this Sunday -- where is the North Cove?
CREATED: 08/12/11 by kkaufer REPLIES: 2
kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
Harborfest this Sunday -- where is the North Cove?
POSTED: 8/12/11 8:49 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know the National Harbor too well, and I can't find the North Cove on any map. So where should I go on Sunday? thanks!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Harborfest this Sunday -- where is the North Cove?
POSTED: 8/12/11 9:00 AM

Good question - I have no idea either. Also wondering what the inclement weather policy \ rescheduling will be. Seems thunderstorms are the likely scenario for Sunday AM.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1312
RE: Harborfest this Sunday -- where is the North Cove?
POSTED: 8/12/11 9:11 AM

I was there last night to give pointers and advice to the swimmers. Dennis from Wave One says that it will take a lot for him to cancel the race. He doesn't expect to cancel it unless there are some major issues. Rain alone won't stop the show. According to him, there will be no rescheduling and you won't get your money back if it's canceled.

As far as the location of the swim, once you are at the harbor, just walk toward the water. You will see a couple of piers and the Awakening statue in between the two boat piers on the beach. As you are looking at the Awakening (you won't see it untill you are litterally next to the water), the pier to your right is the one that you want. Walk toward that pier. Dennis says that he will be there by 7:00 AM.

If you want swim advice from me, just ask ... I'm full of it :)

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria