DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Arlington track workouts
CREATED: 06/02/14 by astolz1 REPLIES: 3
astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 466
Arlington track workouts @ WL HS
POSTED: 6/02/14 10:38 PM

Hello all,
I'm been a member of DC Road Runners for years and try to go to their track workouts on Wed evening's when I can, they help!
Please join me this Wed at Washington and Lee HS at 7pm to warm up and 715pm to start the workout.
It's welcoming to all speeds and experience. Coach Ed talks to all of us before we start and will be happy to talk to you about the workout before you start.
This week...
June 4: 7:15 start. Ladder Sets: (1) 4 x 400M with 200M recovery. (2) 2 x 800M with 400M recovery. (3) 4 x 400M with 200M recovery. All repeats at 5K pace or faster. Take a brief hydration break after each set.
For more info click here.
OH, and we plan to hit the patio at Jay's Saloon nearby after so join the fun!!
Cheers,
- Adam

bapbhs1's ravatar bapbhs1    JOINED: 9/28/12    POSTS: 2
RE: Arlington track workouts
POSTED: 6/03/14 6:52 AM

Track's right on my commute. I'll see ya out there!

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 466
POSTED: 6/04/14 10:00 AM

"I know many people fear training at the track, but you shouldn’t. You need to embrace it and see it as your secret weapon in gaining run speed. By doing a track session every week during your racing season, you will increase your speed, learn about pace, and become a more efficient runner.

Read more: The Power Of The Track | TriRadar.com

See you tonight!

mstevenson    JOINED: 8/24/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 6/04/14 3:29 PM

You can augment the Wednesday night track workout by going straight into the Arlington Masters swim practice at W&L Pool from 8:30-9:30pm. Wednesday is the distance freestyle workout. You can go long and slow in the pool to stretch out after the track workout.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria