DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Tri bike saddle recommendations
CREATED: 09/15/09 by dixonm REPLIES: 2
dixonm's ravatar dixonm    JOINED: 7/1/09    POSTS: 73
Tri bike saddle recommendations
POSTED: 9/15/09 11:46 AM

Hey gang,

I have a Fizik Arione saddle on my tri bike right now but I am not digging it from a long ride comfort perspective. It's fine for short distances, but starts to get pretty uncomfortable around Olympic distance rides and worse on longer rides.

Can I ask this group for recommendations on good saddles that combine performance and cushioning and would be recommeded for longer rides, i.e., HIM and IM-length riding?

Thanks in advance!

Matt Dixon

jgeldner    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
RE: Tri bike saddle recommendations
POSTED: 9/15/09 12:17 PM

I've got a profile design tri stryke sitting unused in my parts bin - bought it, rode it once for maybe 30 miles, an put my ratty airone tri back on the bike...want to trade?

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Tri bike saddle recommendations
POSTED: 9/15/09 1:30 PM

i use an older selle italia flight with teh cutout in the center, and it works very well.

but i think the newer updated version is the gel flow flight with the cutout, have never tried it but it looks very similar.

like you i used the fizik arione for about 2 days and didn't find it at all comfortable even though at least 8 people i knew loved the thing and used it for ironman races and training for a year before i got it.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria