Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Haines Point - Tues/Thurs Morning Rides!
CREATED: 06/08/09 by patagonia_80 REPLIES: 13
patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
Haines Point - Tues/Thurs Morning Rides!
POSTED: 6/08/09 11:34 AM

Hey NTPer's!

Is anyone interested in meeting at 6:30 AM on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays to do a morning workout at Haines Point? I know there is already an organized ride - but when I went last week, Ed Moser confirmed that there were several NTPer's at HP that didn't find each other. It would be nice to connect and do the week's workout together.

Also, I may be riding a little bit slower than the groups that attend the organized ride. I'm hoping to ride about 20 mph (I've been riding about 17 mph but I really need to step up my game!). Is there anyone at this level that would like to join me?

You can reply to this thread or shoot me an email at labellejournee at yahoo dot com.

Thanks

JD

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1069
RE: Haines Point - Tues/Thurs Morning Rides!
POSTED: 6/08/09 4:54 PM

Yes, please come on out!

If you show up late you can ride a reverse loop and we'll catch you as we come around. Everyone rides at different pace and we do our best to regroup after the interval sessions. Depending on the workout we choose, it isn't always possible to regroup but we'll do our best.

And the more people that come out, the more pace groups we can form. If you show up and have any questions about how the group works, please don't hesitate to ask.

I'm planning to be there tomorrow morning assuming there is no rain.

DCDean    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 6/08/09 11:29 PM

I'll join you sometime but not tomorrow (6/9) morning. 17 mph sounds good to me. Hopefully, this practice will help us get to 20 mph!

palmer dot dean at yahoo dot com

Let's coordinate a place to meet.

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 6/09/09 6:23 AM

Had just past the Capitol when I saw the lightning turn back home.

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 6/09/09 8:38 AM

Seriously that weather had the worst timing ever. Just enough time for me to wake up eat get all my gear together before it started pouring.

jgeldner    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 6/09/09 9:37 AM

Thursday's supposed to be rainy too...anyone up for going tomorrow?

POSTED: 6/09/09 12:39 PM

There is this evening after work as well.

POSTED: 6/09/09 4:26 PM

I might hit up Conte's after work tonight. I got caught in the rain too....I actually got all the way to Haines Point and turned around. I hope the weather forecast changes for this week!

Dean, I parked near the golf clubhouse/swimming pool - I think that's a good place to meet.

katiu    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 6/09/09 5:56 PM

Hey,

It sounds that today and thursday we will not have chance for biking due to the thunderstorms. Is anybody interested in biking tomorrow after work? Around 6:30pm....either Haines Point or Bethesda would work for me.

Katiu

POSTED: 6/09/09 6:05 PM

It just amazing how the thunderstorms come just as I want to go ride my bike. Who would'a thunk it? I'm doing indoor tonight.

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 6/15/09 9:13 AM

I am planning on tomorrow morning (Tues) at 6.30. Other NTP'ers going tomorrow? Where do you meet?

Andrea

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 6/15/09 9:22 AM

I'm planning for my first T/Th ride tomorrow as well (my plan execution has not been spotless recently though!). I don't imagine I'll keep up with the group, but it'll just be nice to see friendly faces at the beginning and end :)

dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 6/15/09 9:58 AM

I think I will be down there tomorrow as well. Will probably have to cut out around 7:15 - but would love to get a quick ride in before heading to the office.

-Daniel

POSTED: 6/15/09 10:27 AM

I'll be there tomorrow at 6:30. I'll park my car near the golf clubhouse and pool and look around for other NTP'ers - weather should be clear in the morning.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria