DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Now Recruiting - Club leadership position
CREATED: 04/26/13 by rtroll REPLIES: 6
rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
Now Recruiting - Club leadership position
POSTED: 4/26/13 8:23 AM

Hello DC Tri Club -

It should come as no surprise that our club is growing, in numbers, offerings, and programs. This expansion in opportunity is great for our members however requires proper resourcing at all levels - leadership through execution. The club has been able to keep our dues and other program fees relatively low (when compared to other clubs, teams, and organizations that provide similar offerings) mainly in part due to our strong volunteer resourcing strategy. Club leadership aims to maintain this approach so as long as our volunteer strategy is alive and well.

That said, we have a need...a big need...to staff our club's "training department". I am recruiting a team who is passionate about this club, has big ideas, and can turn those ideas into reality to deliver training benefits to our members in our club. Sound interesting? Please read on...

About the team and the available positions/opportunities:

+ Director of Training: starting at the top, we're recruiting a person to join our leadership team to lead this training team. This person will provide leadership, oversight, set the overall direction, and ensure success for all things training in our club. They would inherit exisitng training initiatives already in place such as our training weekends, bric-nics, and training ambassadors program to name a few. Time commitment would be about 5-10 hrs per week however this would vary week to week. Depending on how the role is setup, attendance at a monthly board meeting may be required.

+ Training Ambassadors: we're recruiting individuals who love training. They love it so much that they want to lead a regularly scheduled weekly workout for the club and be responsible to assemble a workout, encourage members to join the workout, and make them feel welcome when they join the workout. This role will report to our training director and time commitments are as little or as much as you make it (depending on your workout length) but what is expected from this role is consistency from week to week.

We'll have more roles available once we get our new leader in place but for now, please send an email to president@dctriclub.org and copy support@dctriclub.org if you are interested in either position above.

Happy training & racing!

Ryan
President, DC Tri Club

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
RE: Now Recruiting - Club leadership position
POSTED: 4/30/13 9:37 PM

**Bump**

To the top this goes. Leadership position is still open and we have no limits on training ambassadors.

Ryan

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1768
POSTED: 5/01/13 1:58 PM

That weekend Georgetown B ride could probably use some fleshing out.

Maybe core strengthening programs too?

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 5/01/13 2:36 PM

That sounds like you volunteering, Ed!

Pescalita    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 5/06/13 8:51 AM

I would love to see a track/trail workout organized for the Arlington area similar to Hillary's @ Wilson. (So hard to get to on a week night) However, I know next to nothing about running. But I'd be willing to help out to make it happen if any runners out there want to team up?
Jen H.

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 532
POSTED: 5/06/13 12:41 PM

Jen,
I try and make it to Wed night track workouts with DC Road Runners @ Washington Lee HS. It's sometimes closed due to a HS game but we still meet there and run the Custis trail or sometimes do hill repeats.

DCRRC membership isn't required but if you think you'll be a regular, consider joining.

I can't make it the next 2 weeks, (Nats game then Ride of Silence) but I encourage you and anyone else to go. They are friendly and I have run with a few DC Tri Club members there.
- Adam

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 248
POSTED: 5/08/13 12:29 PM

I'd consider organizing a lunch time run around Hains Point and/or the Capitol area during the week.

Also a longer run on Thursdays-starting in Alexandria, perhaps Belle Haven Marina (on the GW parkway).
-becky

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria