Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Reflective gear
CREATED: 03/16/11 by dbowe REPLIES: 3
dbowe's ravatar dbowe    JOINED: 9/7/09    POSTS: 61
Reflective gear
POSTED: 3/16/11 8:31 PM

What reflective gear are people using? I need some new stuff and have found it difficult to locate nice reflective gear.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 518
RE: Reflective gear
POSTED: 3/17/11 10:26 PM

On cooler evenings/early mornings, a "screaming yellow" or fluorescent orange windbreaker is a good idea. Pearl Izumi and Brooks are good options, though kind of expensive.

I always wear light-colored running shirts at night. Reflective ankle straps can help a little. They are inexpensive, but I wouldn't rely on them alone.

Some of the modern day-glo running shoe colors can help with visibility too. My new K-Swiss Blade-Light Race shoes are a bright red color. I don't know if they are glow-in-the-dark but I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

You can add a small clip-on taillight, even when you're running. They only weigh an ounce. On the bike, install a quality headlight and a taillight on the bike.

There are various stick-on dots and strips that you can find at most running stores. Bright/light-colored running caps and visors are another idea.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 953
POSTED: 3/18/11 10:22 AM

What about those warmer evenings and mornings? A windbreaker would be too warm for that kind of weather.

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 203
POSTED: 3/18/11 10:55 AM

Good thinking, Bryan! I don incandescent jellyfish to allow myself to be seen on the warmer evenings.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria