Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Has anyone participated in the Pine Barrens Sprint/olympic events
CREATED: 05/05/11 by claudiabl REPLIES: 2
claudiabl's ravatar claudiabl    JOINED: 12/25/10    POSTS: 26
Has anyone participated in the Pine Barrens Sprint/olympic events
POSTED: 5/05/11 2:55 PM

I was looking for a sprint/olympic event on the weekend of May 21st in NJ as a practice run. I came across the Pine Barrens Sprint, but I am suspicious (not normally my approach to things) because the number of participants for this event as well as in previous events sponsored by the PineBarrensTri. org is quite limited. So I wondering if there is something that I should know about this event that is not obvious on their web page. Has anyone ever participated in this event or know more information?

Thanks, Claudia

jane456's ravatar jane456    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
RE: Has anyone participated in the Pine Barrens Sprint/olympic events
POSTED: 5/06/11 7:29 AM

Hi Claudia,
I've never heard of this race, but that doesn't seem surprising since it's so small.

Some posters on Beginner Triathlete give it a less than awesome review: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=75893&mid=801157

It seems like most of the complaints were directed to logistics and organization, rather than safety issues. In that case, I wouldn't necessarily choose not to do it, especially if you really need to do a race that weekend, but I also wouldn't expect too much.

If you'd consider another race, I can vouch for Black Bear tri in eastern PA on 6/5. There's a sprint and oly race and registration is still open. But....it's also not the weekend of 5/21.

Good luck.
Lindsey

jane456's ravatar jane456    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
RE: Has anyone participated in the Pine Barrens Sprint/olympic events
POSTED: 5/06/11 7:39 AM

Looking again at that forum post from Beginner Triathlete, I saw it's from 2007. Not as useful. Sorry!

Lindsey

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria