DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike on Craigslist
CREATED: 07/28/09 by cfudge1 REPLIES: 3
cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
Bike on Craigslist
POSTED: 7/28/09 10:01 AM

Hi there,

I found a bike on Craigslist (a 2003 Trek TT bike) and was looking for some opinions. It seems good value for the money (especially considering the wheels) but almost too good.

I've emailed the guy and he has very few details about it. There is a certain "fell off the back of a truck" feel to it, but at the same time, it seems like a great deal, what with the USPS frame and the zipp wheels.

http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/1287037371.html

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2003&Brand=Trek&Model=USPS+Team+TT&Type=bike

Thoughts?

p.s. yes I know its in Texas

Lunchbox's ravatar Lunchbox    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
RE: Bike on Craigslist
POSTED: 7/28/09 10:40 AM

Nice looking bike.
I'd be wary buying site unseen, long distance, from a seller with little knowledge.

Gotta have beacoup details from size to specs, etc. esp if you can't lay hands on it or test ride before buying.

Might want to hold out for '09 clearance sales starting not long from now.

Something like the Felt B16 might drop under $2K. Local shops sell that.

Just my $.02

Cullen

cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 7/28/09 11:14 AM

Yeah, these are good points. Obviously I'd usually want to get all the information etc, but this just seemed like a lot of value for the price. I won't be able to ride it but I would be able to have a friend go check it out for me.

charlie's ravatar charlie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 61
POSTED: 7/28/09 11:23 AM

even if the bike is legit, you know it is an older model by the decals alone - best to not go with that one, unless you can test it out.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria