DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

swimsuit recommendation - suit & where to buy
CREATED: 02/12/10 by KBRESLIN REPLIES: 3
KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
swimsuit recommendation - suit & where to buy
POSTED: 2/12/10 11:44 AM

Thanks for all the great advice!
hi there! i need to purchase a swimsuit for training and not sure where to go or if there are certain types of suits that are better than others for training/triathlon. your advice/direction is much appreciated!

swimr51's ravatar swimr51    JOINED: 1/13/10    POSTS: 4
RE: swimsuit recommendation - suit & where to buy
POSTED: 2/12/10 1:26 PM

If you have never worn a performance suit before, my suggestion would be to go to an actual store and try some on to see which fits you like/fit your body type. City Sports has a whole swim section that should do you fine. To start though, I would definitely suggest a one piece, racerback--the back resembles a sports bra. Hope that helps!

seewhatucando's ravatar seewhatucando    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 114
POSTED: 2/13/10 12:32 PM

I would reccomend that you look at Speedo Endurance or Dolfin Uglie suits or any other brand that includes polyester instead of all lycra. I have found that the poly blend suits last a lot longer. I have one I have had up to a year and I swim at a min. of 3 days a week. The all lycra type have tended to wear out and lose their elasticity a lot sooner.

HillOE's ravatar HillOE    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 74
POSTED: 2/16/10 3:52 PM

I love sports fair www.sportfairusa.com in Arlington. The staff are great and it's all swim suits all the time and they always have something on sale.

Once you know your size the swimoutlet.com is the cheapest (sales) by far and a huge selection.

yeah I'm about the sales...cause I'm not spending $75 for something I can get for $15.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria