DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Musselman 2012: Accommodations / Rides / Questions
CREATED: 04/23/12 by khangrx REPLIES: 10
khangrx    JOINED: 2/16/12    POSTS: 16
Musselman 2012: Accommodations / Rides / Questions
POSTED: 4/23/12 12:48 PM

Hi all,

I was looking for this year's Musselman thread but didn't see anything on it so unofficially this is it.

I signed up for this a while back but haven't really thought about logistic till now and here are some of my questions.

It seems there'll be a nice DC Tri Club contingent there for this race. Will there be a DC Tri Club Tent or pre-dinner get together?

Accommodations: I booked a couple of nights at the Athlete's Village. Does anyone have any thoughts on that? Is checkout on Sunday (immediately after the HIM) too short? is Monday better?

Rides: I have extra room if anyone needs one.

Thanks

kristoferkitto's ravatar kristoferkitto    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 59
RE: Musselman 2012: Accommodations / Rides / Questions
POSTED: 4/23/12 1:46 PM

I did Musselman last year and loved it.

I stayed in the Athlete's Village with a few friends from the club, and we all really liked it. Convenient, clean, no-frills.

We stayed over Sunday night and left on Monday. I was glad we did, since it's a fairly long ride back to D.C. It was also nice to have a relaxing night after the race (I recommend Mr. Twistee's for delicious soft-serve).

Good luck! Practice running up stairs.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 4/23/12 2:12 PM

Look out for details forthcoming on the now annual tradition of a pre-race dinner on Saturday night at my family's house. I won't be racing this year (Placid the following weekend) but the traditional will live on.

Ryan

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 977
POSTED: 4/23/12 3:25 PM

I'm heading up either Thursday evening or Friday morning to make it in time to do the micro-Mussel. Still undecided on when I'm leaving right now. Need to coordinate that with the friend who's parent's place I'm crashing at. Will be bringing another person up with me (though he has to formally ask me! :::^):: ).

But micro-Mussel on Friday evening. Then hitting the wineries on Saturday. Then MusselMan half on Sunday. Hitting the wineries on Sunday after the race. Then probably heading back on Monday, unless I can be convinced to spend another day at the wineries.

Bryan

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 538
POSTED: 6/29/12 8:47 AM

Darn, now I'm a little more bummed I'm not racing this year. DMB is doing a show 25 min from Geneva the night of the Half IM.
http://clicks1.musictoday.com/cts/click?q=1;117781;fNsbobXB%2FANWsHBMskPUNw%3D%3D
Good luck and have a great race and time!

blustinc's ravatar blustinc    JOINED: 8/8/10    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 6/29/12 4:07 PM

I'm going up to the race on Friday and have a ride, but am looking for a ride back sometime after the 1/2 on Sunday. I can be with or without bike-- I have someone else to bring the bike back if needed. Does anyone have a spot for a Sunday ride back to DC/VA? blustinc@gmail.com

POSTED: 6/29/12 4:32 PM

Details forthcoming this weekend on the pre-race dinner at my house. You will receive an email from me with directions.

RT

POSTED: 7/01/12 10:22 PM

Pre-race dinner details are now posted. Please click the link below for details and to RSVP.

http://musselman_dinner.eventbrite.com/

See you all in Geneva!

Ryan

SBsteph's ravatar SBsteph    JOINED: 1/24/11    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 7/03/12 10:59 AM

Thanks Ryan! Looking forward to this!!

Any of the vets of this race have an elevation map handy? The website doesn't have one, I don't think.

SBsteph's ravatar SBsteph    JOINED: 1/24/11    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 7/03/12 3:27 PM

Oops. Answered my own question.

http://maps.onemillionrevolutions.org/map.jsp?mapID=1

POSTED: 7/03/12 5:59 PM

Here is the course from my Garmin from last year's race:

http://connect.garmin.com/course/1573532

RT

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria