Atend this free clinic to learn how to build a cycling training plan that is specific to your goals.
Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Time: 6:30pm – 8pm
Location: Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy, 2175 K Street, NW, Suite C-120, Washington, DC 20037 (next to Starbucks).
Fee: No fee to attend
Description: Developing a training program, that will prepare you for your main race, can be time consuming and frustrating. At this clinic you will learn about the key training principles and how to build an individualized training program to meet your needs and goals.
Attend this seminar and you will learn:
- The fundamental training principles
- Periodization and the different training blocks: base, build, peak, and race to peak
- How to structure your workouts and progress your training in each training block
- How to use the training blocks to create your training program
- How to incorporate races into your training program (and still peak for your main race)
- The importance of recovery!
Instructor: This clinic will be presented by Sonja Evers. Sonja is the 2011 MidAtlantic Criterium Champion, 2008 MidAtlantic Time Trial and Road Race Champion, a CAT 1 road racer, Level 3 cycling coach, former professional mountain biker, and physical therapist. As a medical professional, cycling coach and acccomplished athlete, Sonja is uniquely qualified to help you learn how to develop your training plan.
This event is hosted by DC Tri Club partner Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy. For more information, please visit us at www.ssptdc.com or www.facebook.com/ssptdc.