Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Club Brick-Nic 14 Aug
CREATED: 07/11/10 by nomisdc REPLIES: 32
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1059
RE: Club Brick-Nic 14 Aug
POSTED: 8/10/10 9:20 AM

Abby, one doesn't really need a big car to carry the equipment. One just need to pack the car right. Trust me, after the Columbia brick nic, my car was packed with all kinds of equipment afterwards.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 8/11/10 3:36 PM

A GIANT THANK YOU to everyone who has volunteered to help out during the Brick-Nic. I am no longer having heart palpitations.

NOTE:
If you are going to do the Sligo Creek bike route YOU WILL NEED YOUR OWN CUE SHEET. E-mail me and I can send it to you.

TWO REQUESTS:

1) I am looking for 3-5 volunteers in either the
He-La (He to Lazzell) or the Mr-Ri (Mraz to Rizzuto) last names to bring SLICED TOMATOES, SLICED ONIONS, and LETTUCE for the burgers and dogs.

2) Does anyone have a kiddie pool for ice and/or post-Brick shenanigans? ;)

Lucky us: we are slated for a slight break in the heat/humidity with a high of *only* 85.

See you on Saturday!

Abby
abby.sanford19 at yahoo

POSTED: 8/12/10 11:21 AM

Apologies for a million and twelve updates.

Here is a link to the cue sheet and a map for one of the bike options on Saturday. Please print your own! My "de minimis" use of federal resources does not include printing 100 copies of these directions. ;)

Cue sheet:
https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1sKd43gQNswNzA6rR7pVK9BdZHpx-LNnha0mfEakdlRw&hl=en&authkey=CPmRwf8H

Map:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/view_route?r=173127955479922224

--Abby

LaurenB82    JOINED: 4/20/10    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 8/12/10 11:29 AM

Just a note, the cue sheet starts from Candy Cane park so unless you start your odometer there, your mileage will be a bit off. The ride will obviously then end before you get all the way back up to Candy Cane on Beach Drive.

chumpstyle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 8/14/10 4:10 PM

Enjoyed the biking, running, and BBQing with everyone today. Thanks to everyone who helped make the event happen!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 8/14/10 5:24 PM

Hey thanks to all those who made this happen. It was really fun being out thee with everyone. I will one day lean to read a cue sheet and not go the wrong way, until then I will just call them extra training miles. AWESOME set-up.

POSTED: 8/14/10 5:57 PM

A huge 'THANK YOU' goes out to Abby for all of her hard work organizing today's brick nic. Also, it was great meeting some new DC Tri folks as well as seeing the familar faces. I've got a ton of frozen food leftover for the training tri in two weeks.

POSTED: 8/14/10 6:43 PM

Oh gosh... all I did was nerd out on some spreadsheets and tell people what to do. Okay, and I shopped at Costco and dug through trash bags to make sure things got recycled.

MASSIVE THANKS to all the volunteers (and I'm bound to forget some so please forgive/remind me):

Hugh and Lauren for the pre-Nic organization and delivery of gear, without which we would have had no cooked food.

Angi, Casey, Ed, and Rachel for a winning game of Supermarket Sweeps at the Costco on Friday night. Way to knock it out in 45 minutes!

Erik, Lauren, Ellen, Simon, Josh, Brent, Elaine... and about 5 other people who breezed through set up.

Derek, Katie, Suzanne, and Tuan for watching gear and inciting shenanigans.

Michele, Laurel, and Simon for driving in circles, aka, sagging... glad we had you but didn't actually need you!

Hans and Matt... the grill masters... Thanks for feeding everyone!

And to everyone who stuck around to clean up and who took all the excess inventory... THANK YOU.

Hugh--we'll chat about what you DON'T need to buy for the training tri in 2 weeks!

Seriously, everyone, thanks. Let's do this again sometime. :)

--Abby

POSTED: 8/14/10 6:53 PM

Probably the only thing I need to buy would be burger buns and dog rolls. Believe me, I have a ton of stuff leftover. Stuffing everything in my car was easy, but I don't know how I got all of those frozen burgers in my freezer.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1312
POSTED: 8/14/10 7:19 PM

Abby was money today. Very impressive with all of the attention to details and getting everyone to be on the same page.

Tuan

hilarysmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 8/14/10 7:27 PM

Thanks Abby and all the volunteers for putting on yet another awesome club event. I had so much fun, a great workout, and a delicious cheeseburger to boot! :)

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 152
POSTED: 8/15/10 10:25 AM

I agree will all above, the birck-Nic was great!

Lost and Found item: Did anyone lost an underseat storage pouch? If so, give me a shout at denarichardson@gmail.com.

mikeg    JOINED: 8/13/10    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 8/17/10 6:03 AM

There are a few pictures from the Brick-nic at http://bicyclespokesman.com/dc-tri-club-brick-nic/

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria