Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Columbia Tri Registration
CREATED: 04/14/14 by Joshuaraymond REPLIES: 12
Joshuaraymond    JOINED: 4/8/12    POSTS: 8
Columbia Tri Registration
POSTED: 4/14/14 8:05 AM

Its probably too late now but I've been trying to register for the columbia tri for two months now. Tricolumbia website won't let you past the first page. Active.com doesn't get you anywhere. I saw 7 people have registered from the club. That's not very many so imagine others have had the same issue. Anyone know what is going on?

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 452
RE: Columbia Tri Registration
POSTED: 4/14/14 8:22 AM

CTA closed down operations due to financial issues. WTC acquired Eagleman and ChesMan. Per Slowtwitch: "The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults (UCF) is set to acquire and run the Iron Girl Columbia Women’s Triathlon as well as the Columbia Triathlon"

http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/Ironman_Maryland__4267.html

POSTED: 4/14/14 9:30 AM

Thanks Kev7, unclear from the article whether I should cross Columbiz Oly tri off my list or if I should hold out hope. Seems clear that the WTA will be taking on some of the other events. Unclear on that one. I guess I'll hold out hope. I was counting on that as a training race for a half-full.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1044
POSTED: 4/15/14 8:05 AM

An alternative race to do on that same day is the Maritime Triathlon which is part of the Maryland Triathlon Series organized by Set Up Events. It takes place near Easton.

Joe22301    JOINED: 1/15/13    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 4/15/14 9:23 AM

I registered back in the fall and am trying to figure out if I'm out my fees. I scanned the news reports about CTA's problems, but there seem to be some conflicting information. Does anyone know first hand if the Columbia Triathlon (oly) is still going to go off?

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 4/15/14 11:01 AM

It would be horrible if Columbia did not go off - a long standing race - just dead. Not acceptable.

Although, Maritime is on my to do list - maybe not this year, but soon.

cynthia    JOINED: 4/16/14    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 4/18/14 2:18 PM

I received an email yesterday from Ulman Cancer Fund regarding Iron Girl Columbia & Columbia Triathlon. They appear to be proceeding but things are being finalized.

"Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Triathlon Participants,

The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults is excited to announce that we are close to finalizing the acquisition of the rights to own and operate the Columbia Triathlon and the Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon at Centennial Park. We know and appreciate that the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Columbia Triathlon Association have caused much concern throughout our community and the triathlon world. I wanted to personally reach out to the participants of both events and let you all know that these events will go on as scheduled in 2014 and for years to come. Once the legal terms are ironed out, there will be much more communication.

We respect the long-standing traditions of both events and will work to preserve their integrity and look for ways to enhance the experience for the participants, spectators, community partners and the charities that participate.

We will also be activating registration through a new website as soon as the paperwork is finalized. This will allow those who were not able to sign up prior to registration closing to participate. The new website address will be communicated soon.

We at the Ulman Cancer Fund would like to thank the many individuals and groups in the community who have supported us throughout this difficult process. We appreciate the vote of confidence and look forward to sharing more details in the very near future. If you have any questions about your registration or either race in the coming weeks, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at brian@ulmanfund.org

Sincerely,

Brian Satola
COO, Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
USAT Certified Race Director
www.ulmancancerfund.org"

POSTED: 4/18/14 9:19 PM

Great Cynthia! keep us posted if you hear more.

cynthia    JOINED: 4/16/14    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 4/19/14 8:53 AM

Sure thing! I'm registered for Iron Girl Columbia, which is why I got it via email. :)

gthoyt's ravatar gthoyt    JOINED: 1/22/11    POSTS: 97
POSTED: 4/29/14 12:39 PM

Just got an e-mail to make it official:
UCF Acquires Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon
Registration Is OPEN.

The new website is www.ucfraces.org

It is a bit buggy right now. To go directly to the the registration page go to:
http://ucfraces.org/events/2014-columbia-triathlon-individual/

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 466
POSTED: 5/14/14 9:19 PM

Hey All,
I got an email today from one of the Columbia event coordinators.
Although not a Club featured race, the Club has a good showing every year. Would someone like to take on setting up the club tent? It makes for a great rallying point!!
A board member will help you get the tent/chairs, table out of the storage unit in Arlington.
Here's the info. Email Alex if you need more details about placement.
Reply here if you're willing and able to step up and do this for your fellow club members.

Hello everyone,
Hope you are having a great day. My name is Alex Wright, and I am in charge of tent placement for this weekend's Columbia Triathlon.

Below are the details for the tent space along with the rules for race day:
You are allowed to enter the park and set up your tent space from 12:30 PM-5:00PM, on Saturday 5/17/14
You will have a predesignated spot that will be marked off for you. Please do not switch spots or move to another location-we have limited space.
Please note the following rules for Sunday:
No grilling (park regulation)
No loud speakers with music- participants must be able to hear the announcements on swim waves and other important matters.
Park only in designated areas or as assigned by UCF. You will not be able to leave your vehicle by your tent on race day, but you will be allowed to drop off supplies on race morning.
Please do not block the walk way that will separate your tent space from the parking lot, unless your designated spot is in the parking lot.
I will be emailing a map of everyone's placement sometime on Friday.
Look forward to meeting everyone this weekend!

Best,
Alex Wright
The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
Program Manager- Team Fight
Event Coordinator- Key To Keys
Phone: 410.964.0202 x 118
Fax: 888.964.0402
Toll Free: 1.888.393.FUND (3863)
alex@ulmanfund.org

Cheers,
- Adam

POSTED: 5/16/14 9:30 PM

Wow, we're not the only one impacted by the heavy rain!
Columbia Triathlon Swim Cancelled
Posted on May 16, 2014

POSTED: 5/16/14 9:35 PM

From Alex Wright(alex@ulmanfund.org),
Hello everyone,

Hope you are having a great Friday night. Attached is the layout for this year's race.

They are color coded to the following:
Black- UCF/ Race Day Informational booth
Yellow- Team Fight
Red- MMTC
Orange- Powerbar
Green- Team Z
Blue- Team Red, White, Blue
Light Purple- BATC
Turquoise- Maple Lawn Multisport
Brown- Annapolis Triathlon Club
Dark Purple- Team In Training
Gray- Bartlett Multisport
White- DC Tri Club
Like I mentioned in the last email:
You are allowed to enter the park and set up your tent space from 12:30 PM-5:00PM, on Saturday 5/17/14
You are allowed to bring your tent and set up race morning, but gates will close at 6:30AM. Please keep that in mind.
You will have a predesignated spot that will be marked off for you. Please do not switch spots or move to another location-we have limited space.
Please note the following rules for Sunday:
No grilling (park regulation)
No loud speakers with music- participants must be able to hear the announcements on swim waves and other important matters.
Park only in designated areas or as assigned by UCF. You will not be able to leave your vehicle by your tent on race day, but you will be allowed to drop off supplies on race morning.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions that you may have! See everyone tomorrow!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwi9CsTXpySlM01zcENhZlNYMVBTZW1SUy1sNHBtWk1nZVlB/edit

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria